Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hurricane Irma dropped a tree on my 1995 Cobra yesterday. The windshield is cracked,a few random dents on fenders and roof, random scratches and paint scrapes, scratched up mirror, spider cracks in paint on front bumper, 1996 OEM Cobra hood big crack in fiberglass, broken tail light, side marker and some how the ABS light is now on which wasn't on 3 days ago and has never came on. I filed a claim with insurance. My car isn't a show car however its is in very good shape everything original OEM except exhaust and original shinny paint. It get driven not very much only on nice days. I have picture from a few months ago to show there was no damage and its before condition. I want my car fixed with OEM parts not aftermarket junk, however i'm sure most parts are no longer made. I've seen aftermarket 96-98 hoods for cheap but lots of negative reviews as they don't fit like OEM. Anyone thats every been through this let me know. Don't wanna get ripped off, as i've never had to file a claim before especially on a 22 year old car. Wanna find accurate value to replace with OEM parts. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Cobra. Good thing that Irma just damaged something that can be fixed. It is going to be hard to find of the shelf OEM parts, you can always find some parts from salvaged cars. I've seen some hard to find parts here MPS Auto Salvage - your best resource for Ford Mustang Parts New and Used Ford Mustang parts ( I've never bought anything from them, but I always have the link as a back up source ). Good luck bringing your Cobra back to life!

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
They will total loss your car.

Getting new OEM parts is almost impossible now. Even used OEM is going to be difficult.

Did you file with homeowners or vehicle?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I hate to say this. But the adjusters will be looking to settle claims as quickly as possible and as many as possible. Do not be surprised to recv a total loss. The paint work and roof will quickly add up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts