Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my Quicktime Bellhousing....with no instructions?

Its going in a 93 LX...is there anything special required for installation that differs greatly from the factory bellhousing?

What about the ball-link link for the fork....does that need adjusted to a proper depth or check?

Some simple instructions or at least words of encouragement would be great!!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Its pretty straight forward. It has been a couple years since I bought one and ended up going to a c4 shortly after. The quick time bell is a very nice piece and when I indexed mine it was spot on, I didnt need off-set dowels or anything. It comes with two snap in rings that snap in on the back of the bell (trans side) One is for a T-5 the other is for a TKO. For the ball link/stud, I cant remember, I am thinking that I reused the one from my stock TKO bellhousing. There where a few parts that came with the quick time bell that I did not use, I believe they where brackets for the clutch cable for different applications, beside the fox body mustang. There have been a few posts over the years on the quick time bellhousing, you may want to do a search.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

I measured the ball depth on the factory housing and its about a 1/4" different than the Quicktime....I think I'm going to ahead and adjust it so they are the same...any reasons not too?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I, as well as others have had a minor issue with the stamping of the block plate. Do a search, I started a thread on how to fix it. No big deal, and a great product all in all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts