Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car as it sits right now is on jackstands.. the motor and trans are out, the front suspension is on the car.. on the rear everything is removed including the gas tank.. is it possible to install my rear end, panhard bar, torque arm and springs without the drivetrain and make the fine tuning adjustments after I get the drivetrain in and my tires and wheels on?? All of the MM instructions are written from a standpoint of the car in driving condition.. I am just trying to finish up the suspension install and get to the drivetrain afterwards

·
Registered
517 Posts
I don't think that would be a problem.
If I remember right, I put the rear suspension together on mine before I installed the K member, engine, and trans. You will have to drop the torque arm to put the driveshaft in... If you can pre-install that sucker, and drop the engine in with it in place you are one bad dude!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I know the Global West Track Link required it to be installed with the car at race weight and setup, with weight on wheels. This ensured the pre load was setup as it would be driven. It was sprung weight and worked great but was a bitch to get on and off if you didn't follow their instructions.

I recently bought a car with the Griggs torque arm and pan hard bar already installed and the car is in paint so I can't go look, but when I did look, it looked like it was setup a bit differently with the end of the arm into a cross beam type mount that appeared to let it hang without load while parked. If that is the case, it would work, but to be sure, I would just wait and install it when you have it back together. Then you know for certain it is setup for your setup and weight. Just my thoughts. Good luck in whatever way you go.

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
I would not install the TA without the engine and transmission in the car. Without those installed, you will have no reference angle to adjust the TA crossmember height.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would not install the TA without the engine and transmission in the car. Without those installed, you will have no reference angle to adjust the TA crossmember height.

I may just put in the rear end and springs with the control arms and hold off until i do get engine and trans in the car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts