Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aod is still out waiting on parts...and getting a good look at the rag joint oem shaft...If you had this access now, would you jump on it while I'm right there? I've already done the mm rack bushings AND this would pretty much complete the Maximum Motorsports "Road & Track" package (via the hard way/individually).

Here's the view from the bottom:

·
Registered
694 Posts
For the ease of access now would be a good time. I'd also suggest getting the hybrid shaft so you can use a SN95 rack. Of course, you will need to spend the money on a sn95 rack as well. You can probably find a used 02-04 GT/Mach I rack (SPR-ZK) for around $60. I picked one up from LKQ for that amount. 03-04 cobra racks are more desirable but will also add maybe $150 to your cost over the mach I rack.

·
Super Moderator
27,652 Posts
Not just yes, but hell yes. The steering column shaft is co-axial and is almost guaranteed not to be the exact right length for the MM shaft to connect, which means you'll likely need to pry/hammer/swear/pray/despair it to the correct length. Lots and lots of room to work with is very helpful.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not just yes, but hell yes. The steering column shaft is co-axial and is almost guaranteed not to be the exact right length for the MM shaft to connect, which means you'll likely need to pry/hammer/swear/pray/despair it to the correct length. Lots and lots of room to work with is very helpful.
That's what I was thinking...pulling the trans gets me looking at way too much...Killing my budget ;). I ordered the shaft last night, got it for $204 to door...not the hybrid though. I'll get by without that upgraded rack just fine. Thanks again.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tah-dah! Took me longer than I thought it would...it always does.

·
Super Moderator
27,652 Posts
Keep that plug wire away from the shaft.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Let us know how you like it after getting in a test drive. This is one thing I wish I did while I had the k member out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts