Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to use 2 Dzus fasteners on the front of my hood instead of hood pins, will they hold and should I put them on the front of the hood or the sides where the hoodpins would go?

·
Registered
286 Posts
If your going to use just the Dzus fasteners you might want to put some in the very front also. Unless you also have the factory hood latch still installed.

This is what can happen if you just have Dzus fasteners on the side of the hood. Scroll down to the Blue car in this thread and also note it has happened to others.
http://www.nmradigital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78396

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't plan on running the latch, its a bolt on hood I just hate to ruin it with hood pins. I had planned on putting the fasteners on the front only, above the grille.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Oh above the grill is fine. I thought you ment just on the upper portion of the hood around the area where hood pins would be with nothing in the very front.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Does anyone have any close up pics of these installed??? I am doing this really soon and wanted some ideas.

·
Registered
17,637 Posts
how fast...???

they will pull out if you can go fast enough.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Kato Engineering..... How fast is too fast? I'm just wondering since I have never heard that. Thanks for the help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts