Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a '03 Cobra T-56 that I want to install in a '96 Cobra. Does anyone know what I will have to change/modify for this conversion.
Can I use the current flywheel, clutch and driveshaft or do these need to be changed.
Thx

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Keith,
You can't use that thing send it my way! The clutch and flywheel you can use but you'll need a new shaft. Coop is selling a used one or you could get yours shortened.

The car is still not running, decided to paint it before the motor goes in!

·
Registered
474 Posts
TTT

Boy Keith, I've gotta start hanging out with you guys more often. Eric called me yesterday and told me what a fantastic deal he got on that T56. First a Mark VIII engine for $100 bucks, now the tranny! You sure ya'll don't have any Irish blood. :lol:

BTW, if you have some time, I'll have to get in touch with you this week and work out the details of the rebuild, besides Branden doesn't really NEED to go to college anyway :lol:

Bri-

·
Registered
112 Posts
Drive shaft for T-56

you can get a FMS aluminum shaft from D&D motorsports already cut and balanced. Thats what I did , I have a 97 snake with a T-56. I dont remember what the exact price was , but it wasn't too spendy, definetly worth the money.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
MystCobra965 said:
TTT

Boy Keith, I've gotta start hanging out with you guys more often. Eric called me yesterday and told me what a fantastic deal he got on that T56. First a Mark VIII engine for $100 bucks, now the tranny! You sure ya'll don't have any Irish blood. :lol:

BTW, if you have some time, I'll have to get in touch with you this week and work out the details of the rebuild, besides Branden doesn't really NEED to go to college anyway :lol:

Bri-
About time Keith had a little luck!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Re: Drive shaft for T-56

Navydiver said:
you can get a FMS aluminum shaft from D&D motorsports already cut and balanced. Thats what I did , I have a 97 snake with a T-56. I dont remember what the exact price was , but it wasn't too spendy, definetly worth the money.
Nope, won't work. If it's actually an '03 T-56, you'll need an '03 driveshaft, different yoke. You'll also need to change the rearend pinion flange to accomodate the '03 driveshaft, and it still may be too short in a solid axle car.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Also the 03 Cobra's have electronic Speedos whereas the
96-98 models had mechanical driven Speedo gears in the tranny.
So technically you can't use a mechanical driven gear on the
03 tranny's.. You will have to go with a Tremec TUET 1259
transmission made specifically for the 96-98 cars with mechanical
geard driven Speedos...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts