Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any idea why... granetelli upper and lowers... installed new shocks... i removed the quad shock..

thx

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jon,
thx for the reply... they are monroe (cheap shocks)... they replaced blown shocks that caused no probs.. waht affordable (cheap) shocks do you reccomend..
thx

·
Registered
62 Posts
The cheapest thing that works is the comp engineering ones. strange has nice ones with an external adjustment knob for aprox $75 each(I am not in the shop so I dont have the prices) If money is an issue , wait and buy the Strange ones. Jon

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx for the reccomendations jon... ps... nice web site

·
Registered
189 Posts
did you replace the bushings that the rear end side of the upper control arms mount to? if not, and you removed the quad shocks, that is probably the reason for the wheel hop.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
....also, make sure that when you tightened up all the bolts the suspension was fully loaded on the ground..

Regards
ks:)

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
heehee,, caught ya sleeping at the light?;)

·
Registered
599 Posts
I had the same problem with my bbk upper/lowers. No wheel hop with stock suspension, but after install it was there big time. Could never figure out how to stop it. I tried everything from tightening it all up with the load on the car, to removing quad shocks, to greasing up a lot, and also different settings on my old electronic controlled shocks. Oh well, don't have that car anymore, so no more worries.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts