Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the crane 550/217 cams in my car and have a few questions. i installed them last weekend, and have @600 miles on the car since. i reset the comp after the install, and the car is still not idleing right. sometimes it is fine, and sometimes it seems to be searching for the idle point. anyone else experience this? it has stalled on me once, and almost stalled a few other times. i understand that the car is very modified,a nd the comp is probably going crazy, but i wanted to see if this is common, and if anyone has a fix. i'll be installing the bullitt intake soon, so maybe that will help with the surging idle. also, at idle, i can really hear the valvetrain. anyone else noticed this? i'm guessing it is due to the stronger springs that i am running. thanks for any input

·
Registered
564 Posts
I've got the same cams. Idling is not that big a problem on the car. Have you cleaned your IAC valve, checked for vacuum leaks, etc? About the noise, did you install the lash caps on the valve stems?
Bob

·
Registered
998 Posts
Bump

·
Registered
253 Posts
yea my valve train seems a little noisey cold but ok warm! my car did stall once in a while at a light before my chip! he turned my base idle up to 800rpm. the idle still hunts sometimes though . not a big deal to me! how do you like them? I really like mine! SLEEPER :)
Leon

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i love them, it pulls hard up high. last weekend on the highway i pulled a gsxr600 from 70 to 120 multiple times, that felt GOOD!!!!! i'm pretty sure the noise is normal, as it just sounds like the valves opening and closing. and yes, i installed the lash caps. i think i might send my chip back to jms for a little fine tuning.

·
Registered
998 Posts
keep us updated.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will do. i'm gonna be installing my intake soon, so i'll see how it acts after that

·
Registered
663 Posts
I've got the same cams and mine "hunted" and would even die if I had the a/c or defrost on. I replace both valve cover vents with K&N breathers and plugged the intake . The car still hunts a hundred RPM or so once in a while, but it is alot smoother.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts