Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car usually stays at about 210 most of the time. i turned the manual fan switch on today and my car stayed there. wouldn't move at all. i've also been having this problem: everytime i turn on my a/c the car starts getting hot. turn off the a/c, car is fine. i'm wondering if my high speed fan is working. i mean, with the car off and key on, i can flip the switch and hear the fan come on. so i don't understand. anyone have any good ideas?

·
Registered
672 Posts
If you do the KOER (Key On Engine Running) Test, it will test your fan low and hi speed. I don't know if it will determine if your ECT sensor is working, which tells your computer when to turn the hi fan on.

·
Registered
519 Posts
That's strange, I just installed my manual fan switch last week and with the temp gauge over halfway, I switch the fan on and within 90 seconds it lowers it down near the "N" on the guage. I have to keep the fan on if I want it to stay that cool, but usually only in traffic on hot days.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can get all types on switches at radio shack or an electronics store. I just used a switch from work that lights up red when the fan is on. I pretty much leave mine on all the time. Should I only be using it in bad traffic or will it not hurt anything to constantly run?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks! Can you tap into the wire withing the passenger compartment or do you have to go directly to the fan? If the earlier, which wire is it?

·
Registered
519 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts