Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a set of lakewood lca's because I was getting some serious wheel hop. They really didnt drop my et any but took some hop out of the launch. I used stock springs and was thinking of going with a set of 4cyl springs in the back.
Wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts or opinions.
This is on a stock 4r70w stock stall and nitto 555r dr. The best 60' has been a 2.03.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
If you can still fit them on, run the quad shocks. Bang for the buck, with an automatic, get some 4.10/4.30 gears. Check condition of your upper control arm bushings. All that stuff has to work together.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jesus, 2.03? what track? What size tire, what car? what rpm are you leaving at? what gear in the rear?

There is a LOT of info that would help here.
motormile dragway...stock 16" rims with nitto 555r...03 v6 330/340.....1700...3.73
Although it is a v6, it makes some really good power throughout the rpm range. All it had done is a d1sc with 14psi and meth injection-snows progressive. Getting ready to install a 218/224 .550 112 cam in it with a set of stage two ported heads...looking to get 400 rwhp to runon the track. Also specing a converter 400rpm below peak tq. Best run was a [email protected] 87 mph with a 2.03 60'.
I just dont want to hear any crap about buying a v6 because when I bought it...I didnt think I was going to be racing it and it was a big step up from my old car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXxBglWw0UI

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have UPR UCA and 4-cyl rear spring, good condition. LMK.

Dave is right, we need more info on the setup, driving style, track, etc.
Send me a pm on what you want.springs and uppers seperate prices. I've heard though that the uppers will cause bind even worse than the stockers. How do they drive on the street?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts