Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
huesmann said:
Why would a shop NOT inspect a lowered car? There's nothing in the inspection regs about ride height, AFAIK.
Been to four places and they all keep saying that altered suspension automatically fails. I argued with one guy because he showed me what they look for and it says something like "Inspect all suspension components for condition and being in proper working order." I said so tell me where it says altered suspension being uninspectable and if things are done right, why it's not considered to be in working order. Just kept repeating the same thing so I bounced.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Earlier this year I bought a 91 LX that had Eibach pro-kit springs with caster/camber plates.
I took it to Martins gas station in LaPlata. I asked if it would fail because of the springs. I was told that if the suspension still has room to work, then it was fine.

In other words if the car is so low that there is no suspension travel and it's bottoming out, then it's unsafe.

Mine rode fine, so the car passed inspection...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What kind of gas station was it? Did you just ask them about the springs or did you get it inspected there too?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yeah, they inspected it and it passed.

Martins is a nice place. I've taken two other cars there for inspection and they've always been good to me. Well, the last time I went there he failed me for some stupid little things, but it was stuff I was going to replace anyway, so no troubles...

You can't miss it. It's on rt. 6 in LaPlata across from Washington ave. Across from the courthouse...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts