Ford Mustang Forums banner

201 - 210 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
So Speed Density in aftermarket form is different? Would a speed density system like Holley be able to adjust to the changes or can the Holley system automatically compensate for the changes (without dyno time or some other calibration method). I'm not really that familiar with the Holley, I just know people like it because it's cheaper and doesn't "require" a mass air sensor (at least those are the most common reasons that Holley enthusiasts give when they say Holley is "better" than Pro-M EFI)..
Holley systems have also been around longer. i remember when the used to use the same gm style coils that came on 8 cyl engines. the ones that were mounted on top if a module the size if a tablet.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
vehicles that come from the factory with sd I mean. sorry.

if you have a competent tuner working with an aftermarket speed density, im fairly certain you will get the same results as" joe bolt in" who put in a pro m system.

But count on the sd system for a lot of tweaking, reworking, dyno time, your own time, time lost, phone calls to techs (lol) etc.

the pro m is just A Lot more user friendly to set up. no figuring out wiring, no finding connectors no hacking up harnesses etc

take the old harness out, install with a new pretty much oem harness since it was made for your specific year.

You are basically retrofitting the car for obd2. as if ford took back all mustangs and installed the pro m as an update.
You just reiterated the point I've been trying to make with the Pro-M EFI. If I was one a race team, the Holley sounds like an OK choice. If I am driving my car daily (and still would like to race at the track without sponsored support), the Pro-M sounds like a better choice.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I've been getting a random check engine light about my Bank 2 sensor after installing the supplemental harness last December. I think I was getting just the P2197 - sensor signal biased/stuck lean code. Car never ran bad, I would just clear the code. I have had my Pro-M with the same Innovate stuff with no problems since 2014.
I now had the right bank gauge fail with E8 code while driving and car ran real poor.
P2197 sensor signal biased/stuck lean
P0150 O2 Sensor circuit
P3FD7 UEGO power Relay Failed Low
Just trying to figure out if just the O2 went bad (and what version sensor I can replace it with) or the controller is going/is bad?

Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
i would swap the innovate harness extensions side to side. ive had similar codes. check each harness. maybe you have burn mark you cant see.
And if that's not it, try swapping sensors side to side. If the code follows a move of an item, you've pinpointed the trouble item. If you do both moves and same controller goes E8, it's likely the controller.

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
UPDATE
The Zietronics widebands I installed over a year ago are still functioning properly. I went to see John Janek today and the latest Innovate wideband he's currently using is also working without issues. I need to talk with him to find out exactly what on his setup changed.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #207 (Edited)
UPDATE
John Janek has been using (2) MTXL Plus wideband with the Beta version of their firmware with no issues. I'm assuming that version of the firmware is now available on the MTXL Plus wideband.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
427 Posts
John - Do you know if this update is available or is it still being tested? I have the DLG-1dual display and I just connected and the original version of the firmware is still the latest.

·
Registered
226 Posts
John - Do you know if this update is available or is it still being tested? I have the DLG-1dual display and I just connected and the original version of the firmware is still the latest.
Honest answer is I don't know. To the best of my knowledge the beta versions that I tested were only for the MTXL+, the most recent being only a couple months ago. I haven't tried updating it to a new production version. Anything more I could say would just be guesses.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Honest answer is I don't know. To the best of my knowledge the beta versions that I tested were only for the MTXL+, the most recent being only a couple months ago. I haven't tried updating it to a new production version. Anything more I could say would just be guesses.
John this Beta version download is it available from Innovative website? Now do I need to remove the widebands from my car to download the update software Beta version?

201 - 210 of 210 Posts