Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you had to replace either the wideband sensor or the gauge answer the questions below. This has nothing to do with the Pro-M EMS because there are numerous threads online about Innovate widebands failing.

1. How many Innovate wideband sensors have you replaced:
1a. Driver side wideband: (2) MTX-L and (0) MTX-L Plus
1b. Passenger side wideband: (6) MTX-L and (1) MTX-L Plus

2. How many Innovate gauges have you replaced and type:
2a. Passenger side gauge: (2) MTX-L

3. Have you replaced Innovate with another wideband company?
3a Not yet

Thanks
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
If you had to replace either the wideband sensor or the gauge answer the questions below. This has nothing to do with the Pro-M EMS because there are numerous threads online about Innovate widebands failing.

3a Not yet

Thanks

Michael Plummer

1) 5 sets using MTX-L Plus

2) 1 set (driver and pass.)

3) AEM

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
This was the Innovate DLG-1 kit:

I had to replace 4 sensors within a few weeks after installing my standalone. Then I had to replace 6 sensors in the first two days of being on the dyno when they failed within 15 minutes of startup while warming up on the dyno. This same week I bought two more and sold the kit. The person that bought it had these two brand new ones go bad within the first day so I dropped shipped two more to him..

So that's about 14 sensors in about a two month time period.

The moment I replaced the Innovate with two AFX units I never had a single issue.

ks

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Sorry for not following the format of the request. I haven't purchased or installed one on my personal vehicles for obvious reasons but have tuned almost a dozen vehicles with problematic innovate controllers (LC1, LC2, and MTX-L). All were replaced with AEM, PLX, Autometer, and one with a Ballenger, which all worked fine.

·
Registered
811 Posts

3a Not yet

Thanks
Michael Plummer
1. 0
2. Replaced 2 of the DLG-1 display / controller units. This was the display for the drivers side both times.
3. Changed to a Zeitronix ZT-4 dual wideband controller and external dual display. Working flawlessly so far.

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those of you that have replaced Innovate with another brand was that with the Pro-M EMS?

Thanks
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
811 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do the AEM and Zeitronix use the same Bosch LSU 4.9 wideband O2 sensor?

Thanks
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Do the AEM and Zeitronix use the same Bosch LSU 4.9 wideband O2 sensor?

Thanks

Michael Plummer

Yes they do, although I can’t explain how they treat the sensors differently. I swapped to AEM some ~6 months ago and haven’t had a problem since then, whereas before the sensors would last maybe 100 miles.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Yes, same LSU 4.9 sensor. In fact, I'm running the O2 sensors that came with my Innovative kit with the Zeitronix controller and gauge. Kept the 2 new sensors that came with the Zeitronix for spares.

After my fiasco I have spares on the shelf as well!

·
Premium Member
4,503 Posts
How many Innovative wide bands have I replaced.

1 - 3 times

1a - 3 times

and they have been out for 6 months now I just cant get myself to buy them again.

·
Registered
811 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Are you referring to the bosch or ntk sensor? I have only replaced them after a head gasket failure. You can buy them at autozone the cheapest.

1 - 20 of 202 Posts