Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright looking to up my injector size to 120lb ones. Using the stock harness and aftermarket rails (proly aeromotive) tuning with moates...What brand and do I need High impedence?, or do they even make high impedence with this size.....Just needing to find out what I need to buy.....Thank for the help....

·
Registered
120 Posts
I wouldn't do 120 lb injectors. I had all kinds of problems. Save up and buy a set of id1000's. I might be selling mine to get the bigger ones. Pm me if u are interested. There is no data for 120 lb injectors. I found out the hard way.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much do you want for the id 1000 injectors?...Whats your reason for selling?...

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
If you're making enough power to need 120 lb/hr injectors it's about time to step up to a stand alone ECU.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
I love my 120s from FIC. Their customer service is bar none, and when I called ID alls they wanted to do was talk crap about FIC (tells me alot about a company). I couldnt deal with ID's price either.

My car idles and drives perfect, but I also do not have a stock cpu.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I love my 120s from FIC. Their customer service is bar none, and when I called ID alls they wanted to do was talk crap about FIC (tells me alot about a company). I couldnt deal with ID's price either.

My car idles and drives perfect, but I also do not have a stock cpu.
my car idles and drive's perfect on 120's as well..on a stock ECU with a Kurgan tuned SCT chip...

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
We also carry the TFS 120"s that are low impedance, we have a sale on the TFX injectors currently.

ID and FIC make great injectors, depending on your budget I prefer custom flowed injectors for tuning reasons/data but I will say the TFX 120"s do good with proper calibration.

We offer these as well.
Fuel Injector Clinic

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yeah I was thinking about going stand alone but Im use to using my dinosaur moates setup...lol....I like it now cause I now know how to use the dam thing....lol.....Jenna dont you have a big stuff 3?....Dont you use a map sensor instead to tune?...You still have your IAC sensor?..My buddy has that system on his camaro....chinopsu are you using that injector driver from versafueler?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Alright looking to up my injector size to 120lb ones. Using the stock harness and aftermarket rails (proly aeromotive) tuning with moates...What brand and do I need High impedence?, or do they even make high impedence with this size.....Just needing to find out what I need to buy.....Thank for the help....
IIRC 83lb'ers are the biggest you can go in a high impedance. If I were you I would ditch the stock ECM and go with the new MS PNP. Although you will have to go with another Trans controller as I dont think the MS will control that. If you plan on making the big power with a 363 the Stock ECU will really limit your tuning capabilities. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Yeah I was thinking about going stand alone but Im use to using my dinosaur moates setup...lol....I like it now cause I now know how to use the dam thing....lol.....Jenna dont you have a big stuff 3?....Dont you use a map sensor instead to tune?...You still have your IAC sensor?..My buddy has that system on his camaro....chinopsu are you using that injector driver from versafueler?
Im using the versafueler driver

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I could actually use any stand alone as my current computer doesnt control the tranny.....I have a none electronic aode....

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Yes I run a BS3
MAF is gone thank goodness and yes I use a MAP. Still run a IAC also just gm style, along with all my other sensors.

-Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts