Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a set of 60# injectors for my setup, wondering what size I will probably need to support around 700rwhp

AFR 205
T76

This is a very basic rundown obviously but I'm assuming the 60#'s will not cut it for an E85 application? I may sell them and go with the FRPP 80# injectors

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
I run 120's and made the #'s in my sig
The injs were around 80% dc. 331, wedge heads, 76mm 18psi thru a auto

The car starts, idles, and drives like it did with the 60's so I am very happy

-Chris

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Also if your interested I can set you up with FIC (Fuel Injector Connection)
They were awesome and smoked everyones pricing on the 120's. They come flow matched and in a cool lil case HAHA

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also if your interested I can set you up with FIC (Fuel Injector Connection)
They were awesome and smoked everyones pricing on the 120's. They come flow matched and in a cool lil case HAHA
Shoot me a PM but are they High Impedance and can they be run with the stock computer? I'm almost debating if I should just stick with my 60's and run 93 only because it is a stock lightning block so I'm probably limited to 650-700rwhp safely. Has a really nice rotating assembly in it and is studded but the block will only take so much ya know. I read your thread on your E85 dyno #'s and say where you commented on the injectors

·
Registered
789 Posts
Injector size

Rule of thumb is double the size when switching from gasoline to pure Methanol so e-85 should not be to far off that.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I run 80lbers at 60psi base pressure.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LS1-ETR, which 76mm are you going to use on a 408??
The MP T76 with a 1.00 AR. If they offer a bigger AR then that I'm going to ask for it but I'm not sure that they do in a T4 flange. I'm hoping the back pressure won't be an issue I'm only looking to run 10-12 pounds tops that should put it in the 650-700rwp range

·
Registered
535 Posts
E85 uses approx. 30% more fuel than gasoline. And you dont want the duty cycle to be over 85%. I have low impedance 160's (aftermarket ecu) for my 347/t88, shooting for 1000whp.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
E85 uses approx. 30% more fuel than gasoline. And you dont want the duty cycle to be over 85%. I have low impedance 160's (aftermarket ecu) for my 347/t88, shooting for 1000whp.
Yeah I know it's roughly 30% more fuel. I'm almost thinking for the power level I'm looking at I may just stay with 93 and the 60's and if I want to I can always step it up later to bigger injectors and E85

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I would do the 60's with 93 octane and add a meth kit and run pure meth for the extra octane.. you will be able to make all the power you want..

Im trying to decide on a 76mm turbo for my 351, thats why i asked...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would do the 60's with 93 octane and add a meth kit and run pure meth for the extra octane.. you will be able to make all the power you want..

Im trying to decide on a 76mm turbo for my 351, thats why i asked...
Oh ok... Yeah I figure the 76 will feed it plenty more than the factory lightning block can handle and I've got such a nice rotating assembly I don't want to ruin it. So I'm going to try my hardest to keep it under 700rwhp

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
The MP T76 with a 1.00 AR. If they offer a bigger AR then that I'm going to ask for it but I'm not sure that they do in a T4 flange. I'm hoping the back pressure won't be an issue I'm only looking to run 10-12 pounds tops that should put it in the 650-700rwp range
I'm sorry to say but there will back pressure issues. That is a lot of cubes for that turbo.

·
Registered
535 Posts
It is much easier to just switch to e85 than to run methanol/gas. No extra tanks, no buying meth all the time. e85 is the future of drag racing for sure.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After doing some more homework on my turbo selection I went with a Precision gt47 as opposed to a Master Power 76. If I can sell my 60s I'll make the switch to e85

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
It is much easier to just switch to e85 than to run methanol/gas. No extra tanks, no buying meth all the time. e85 is the future of drag racing for sure.
E85 is the ####, but some places dont have it yet.. On a 1 gallon meth tank and 2 big nozzels the meth would last for a long time.. then if you run low on fuel while playing around you can get gas anywhere..

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
stangjumper which 76 you run? I hope to run similar times as you.
I run the GTS76 w/.96. My combo made 787rwhp at 15psi where I ran out of injector. This was through a complete exhaust (tailpipes) and a 3" DP. I have since added two 625 meth nozzles. Maxed out again lol.

I have been following you build. We have similar setups. You will be surprised when you take it to the track. I know mine runs much faster than it feels. I was shocked to tell you the truth. I was going for a 9.99 lol. With more traction and boost I'm sure I can get into the 8's with what I have.

Can I ask you what your cam specs are?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I run the GTS76 w/.96. My combo made 787rwhp at 15psi where I ran out of injector. This was through a complete exhaust (tailpipes) and a 3" DP. I have since added two 625 meth nozzles. Maxed out again lol.

I have been following you build. We have similar setups. You will be surprised when you take it to the track. I know mine runs much faster than it feels. I was shocked to tell you the truth. I was going for a 9.99 lol. With more traction and boost I'm sure I can get into the 8's with what I have.

Can I ask you what your cam specs are?

Yeah I am also running full exhaust with 3'' tailpipes on my setup. My car should be a few hundred pounds lighter than yours however and will probably end up somewhere between 650-700rwhp. I think the GT47-80 was a much better choice for my 408 than the t76 would have been. And if I ever get a good block later it will support up to 1200hp

1 - 20 of 24 Posts