Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent an email to the all mighty Hellion about purchasing a replacement part for one of their kits. I like the design of their downpipe so I was hoping to purchase it and use it with a home made hotside that I will be working on soon. Listening to all the Hellion nut swingers on here I figured I would not have a problem purchasing a part from them. Boy was I wrong. So what would happen if I had their kit and I damaged a part during the install or accident?
Would I have to buy a whole kit? This was their reply:

Thanks for contacting us.

Unfortunately, as we stock complete kits on the shelf, we are unable to sell individual components of our systems. Let me know where you are located and I may be able to recommend a shop in your area that could fabricate the pieces you are needing.
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Yochim
HELLION POWER SYSTEMS
505-873-4670
505-880-9758 FAX

·
Registered
864 Posts
And this some how justifies on3`s lack of ethics and quality?

I believe if you want something done right, do it yourself.......or call b&g lol

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My forward facing kit has pretty good quality for the money. It also fit just as good as my cousins Hellion kit. But thats not why I posted that. Im just saying that Hellion is not the all mightyl god of turbo kits like everyone thinks. If you get in a wreck and one of the pipes get damaged you are not going to be able to get one to replace it.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
My forward facing kit has pretty good quality for the money. It also fit just as good as my cousins Hellion kit. But thats not why I posted that. Im just saying that Hellion is not the all mightyl god of turbo kits like everyone thinks. If you get in a wreck and one of the pipes get damaged you are not going to be able to get one to replace it.
umm sorry but you are totally incorrect. that is absolutely ridiculous. if you buy a hellion kit the parts in it have a lifetime warranty, if you buy the kit. thats the only way they can guarantee a lifetime warranty on their parts. they would rather not take the risk of you installing their parts on some home made kit and expect to replace it when it fails because whatever you have isnt done right. if you want the warranty you have to buy the complete kit. not everybody has the money to go hellion, but thats totally understandable. just dont come on here bashing hellion because they wouldnt sell you one of their parts. Apple wont sell you an Ipad without the screen just so you can go home and install a cheap screen yourself and have them lose money on that sale

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How can they warranty it for life if all they have are "complete kits"? What if I buy a used kit and need a part that is missing? Am I SOL? Im just saying. I could care less about having a warranty on a part that Im not using on a kit that they didnt build.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
How can they warranty it for life if all they have are "complete kits"? What if I buy a used kit and need a part that is missing? Am I SOL? Im just saying. I could care less about having a warranty on a part that Im not using on a kit that they didnt build.
in that situation the original purchaser paid hellion for the kit, which includes the lifetime warranty. The warranty is a seperate component which is in the paperwork that comes with the kit. If you purchase the kit from someone second hand and they dont give you any paperwork, then you have no warranty. If you have the reciept and original paperwork from where the original purchaser bought the kit, then you have the lifetime warranty. people buying things online never think about this, but that paperwork that comes with the kits have a great value. without it you have nothing but the physical parts that bolt to the car

·
Registered
106 Posts
IMO they said that just because you didnt get the kit from them and
Like LS1KILR said, they just would rather not have one of there parts on other kits due to The fact of anything going wrong and somebody trying to get a warranty replacement, when it was there fault for no proper install or what not. Regardless if you personally dont care for the warranty but its just like a safety net they have. Im pretty sure you've met dirt bags trying to get a free edge on a million $, instead of working for it. Just gotta remember nowadays its protect me before I help you, not everybody or every business but the majority. Just like the people that its all about them and no one else.
:)thumbup:
:thumbdown:
:confused:)??

·
Registered
315 Posts
I would bet that Hellion would help you more if you owned a Hellion kit... and

did not want one piece to complete your kit. (I think they would sell you all of the hot and cold side )

Hellion puts out a kit that is more money but if you have a problem , John or Jeff will call you back the same day if they don't pick up on the second ring. (just my experience)

Every type of "kit" is a compromise and if you have worked on a few of the same model of car you will notice that they are all different and a "bolt on " often requires a big hammer:D

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL I can see where I was wrong. But do you have to call me an idiot? I love the name calling over then internet. Im sure if we were in person it would not go down that way.

You're an idiot. Just because they wont part out to sell doesn't mean they will not replace a broken part.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
0n3 is garbage
Do you have or have you owned an 0n3 kit? Or are you just going off what you read on the internet? My new forward facing kit has been pretty good to me. Ill agree that the 1rst gen kit was junk but I think they have fixed the problems with the revised kit.
But, I would like to thank you for your very informative post.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Do you have or have you owned an 0n3 kit? Or are you just going off what you read on the internet? My new forward facing kit has been pretty good to me. Ill agree that the 1rst gen kit was junk but I think they have fixed the problems with the revised kit.
But, I would like to thank you for your very informative post.
Seen and fixed several of these kits for people . Fitment was crap and the parts that come with most of the kits need replaced immediately because they are cheap and you get what you pay for. I sold my v1 blower to a guy a couple moths ago that was ditching his on 3 turbo setup because he is tired of constantly fixing it.
I dont go off the internet for information on my opinion or need to justify any of them to you.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Seen and fixed several of these kits for people . Fitment was crap and the parts that come with most of the kits need replaced immediately because they are cheap and you get what you pay for. I sold my v1 blower to a guy a couple moths ago that was ditching his on 3 turbo setup because he is tired of constantly fixing it.
I dont go off the internet for information on my opinion or need to justify any of them to you.
Guess i got lucky mine seems to fit well been driving my daily for 6 months now...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts