Ford Mustang Forums banner
9081 - 9100 of 9195 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
So what is the price difference to Ls swap it. Plus it will be lighter
Not interested in an LS swap at all. I'd buy a Corvette if I wanted an LS powered car, but that's not an option since it doesn't have a back seat/

Matt for that cost I'd definitely just get a 2015 and up and mod it. The latest generation of mustangs is just really, really strong.
A little too late for that I think. I've already parted out the majority of the motor and doubt I would get much for my car as a roller.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Not interested in an LS swap at all. I'd buy a Corvette if I wanted an LS powered car, but that's not an option since it doesn't have a back seat/

A little too late for that I think. I've already parted out the majority of the motor and doubt I would get much for my car as a roller.
What about buying a wrecked coyote mustang and parting it out? Take what you need and sell the rest? Probably hard to find a good deal on those, but I'm sure they are out there.

·
Registered
167 Posts
What about buying a wrecked coyote mustang and parting it out? Take what you need and sell the rest? Probably hard to find a good deal on those, but I'm sure they are out there.
I have thought about that, but:

1- I have no room for it at my place. Pretty sure the neighbors wouldn't like a wrecked car sitting in my driveway.
2- It would take a lot of time to recoup the money by parting it out.

So right now I'm stuck on which motor to buy, Gen 2 or Gen 3. I can get a Gen 2 truck motor for around $3000 and then spend about $1500-2000 converting it over to mustang specs. Or I can buy a Gen 3 crate for $8500. Used motor prices for Gen 3 are about the same as the crate price.

·
Registered
442 Posts
There are recycling companys that sells takeout drivetrains all on one skid. Some even come with wiring harness and computers or option to go ford racing. Might be some cost savings.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Go Godzilla and be done!!!

LT

Reactions: TurbineHeli

·
Registered
167 Posts
I need to just stop thinking about it and buy something.... I was running numbers in my head and realized I could convert a used Gen 2 truck motor to mustang specs for under $5k, then in a year or so I could throw a Whipple or VMP on it...:unsure:

·
Registered
831 Posts
LTZ, I need to get a hold of that detail place you mentioned earlier (it is not far from my office). I think I want him to perform a full meal deal on the wife's whip. Thanks for the recommendation.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Good afternoon all.

Had a pretty chill weekend. Came up with a mobile goat pin so I can let them eat while I move them around the property. So far it's working well. Easier than weed eating.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Good morning all.

Might hit Raceway Park tomorrow night if I can get enough work done at the office.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Good afternoon!

Busy, busy, busy!

I thought about going to the track tomorrow night and hanging out since I have not had time to get the brakes changed on Maized.

Steve - Call Sean @ 317-833-8355

LT

·
Registered
831 Posts
Once again my ninja fast, cat like reflexes saved the day. Coming home from dinner with the wife. Have no idea what the dude was thinking or doing. Was a close one......

·
Registered
442 Posts
Saw a video on youtube video by a guy called IndyFordguy. a vette owner tried to run his ford off the road by attempting to cut him off, the ford owner safely guided his car away from the dangerous Corvette driver.

Edit: whoa what a coincidence steve almost collided with a ford of the same type and make I was talking about. What are the chances of two separate incidents with same cars.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Steve - He must not have heard you coming. LOL!!! That was a close one. People definitely dont pay attention.

LT

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Good morning all.

Stev-0 that made me cringe.

Looks like a great night for racing so I might just head out there tonight. Will probably be very crowded unfortunately.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Good morning everyone!

So who made it to the track last night and how was it? From the posts I saw on FB, it looked busy!

I was at least able to get my grass mowed last night.

LT

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Good morning all.

I couldn't make it. Got some last minute stuff in a couple of cases that I had to deal with, and by the time I could have made it out there it would have been 6 pm and that would probably be too late to get a tech card. The next Wild Wednesday isn't for several weeks, so that sucks.

Hopefully this weekend won't be a wash out, but I know rain is being forecasted.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Seems like the only Maze time Larry gets anymore is corn on the cob.

I saw on fb it looked like the time I went when you 1 run in 4 hours

9081 - 9100 of 9195 Posts