Ford Mustang Forums banner

9041 - 9060 of 9100 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Back to the office starting next week for 3 days. Back to getting up early and commuting. Oh joy

Guess we are doing OBX tomorrow, Sunday get car in air and pull wheels. Monday drop off to discount tire for the Michelins. I tried to stay wide in back, but every optional size is out of stock. Going back to 1LE square setup.

·
Registered
413 Posts
We got lucky going to obx, we left in morning and traffic was light. But traffic coming north was packed. Beach rentals run Saturday morning checkout and Saturday evening checkin. We went down to lighthouse we got engaged at. When we came home that late afternoon, it was light heading north, but packed going south. Crazy to see pack.traffic for almost 60 miles

Next weekend tripping probably be when my parents are here in a couple weeks. Probably go to DC.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Good morning All!

Got the car out and burned some tires and some gas. Gave Gage a taste of power...rolled into it at 40 and lit the tires up as soon as the boost hit. Clicked 3rd and still no traction so I lifted. His eyes were as big as saucers. LOL!!! I guess 20 psi in the tires and 29 psi of boost was too much for the street to hold. Hahaha! I did realize that I had a noise coming from the rear. Pulled and tire and time to replace the rear pads and rotors already. Damn those things are $$$$$.

LT

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Good morning all.

Had a great time on the road rally. Was right behind a Lambo who was trying to show off so we were staying on his tail and it was pissing him off, so we jumped ahead of a few cars in line on the highway portion (puss-boy move) so we weren't behind him anymore.

Lots of cool cars including a Lambo Aventador that the owners kid was bragging was worth 1.2 million. This kid was such a tool. Bragging (unsolicited) that he was going to buy a Hurrican this summer, even though he looked like he was 12 years old. Every stereotype of spoiled rich kids, yep he was it.

On the other end of the spectrum was a guy who had an authentic (not kit car) 1966 GT40 that had belonged to his father and had been a press car. It was wicked looking and this young guy who owned it was letting people take pics inside it (even though it's probably worth 10 million) and he could not have been more gracious in talking about the car and answering questions. He races the car all over the place and drives it across the country. I think he said he was racing it at Gingerman next.

Gatormotorsport brought a super sharp Evora GT that had me drooling, as well as a blue McLaren that was also really nice.

Reactions: LTZ MACH

·
Registered
413 Posts
My Discount Tire install sucked, I bought them last week online, made appointment to drop off at 11:30. I get there and unload wheels. Stand in line, they don't have the tires, and are not expecting them till 4pm and there is only two. The other two didn't have at south Carolina warehouse, so they are coming from Ohio and will arrive in a week. They said you can leave your wheels here till then.

I was like when did you know only 2 of 4 were coming? We knew Saturday. But nobody called me to tell me. I had to take an 1.5 hours off work, load tires, unload, load again, and unload for the nothing. Plus stand inline.

I went back inside and called there corporate office, sales guy in store walks up to me and says. I am Brent I am the one who called you Saturday to switch tire sizes do to backorder.

I said so Brent why not tell me to wait a week till then others arrive. He said I wanted to give a better deal on this sumitomo we have in stock, it's a better all season. I was like your joking, so why he is jabbering about the great deal. I call costco tire on speaker, cause I want to be a dck.

Discount tire manager said he heard from his regional manager about what happened and he wants to apologize and to keep my business he will credit me $200 right now back on my card.

So guess next week going back again.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Good morning everyone!

So, trying to "upsell" a deal on a Sumitomo. That is comical.

LT

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Good morning all.

Chris that sucks, but $200 is at least a nice gesture to keep your business. Trying to upsell the Sumitomo to a car guy - not a chance! I've had both good and bad experiences with Discount Tire, which is par for the course with a big chain I guess. They were the ones who cross-threaded a wheel stud years ago on that red cobra, Rhonda, that I then had to take to another shop to have fixed on their dime, but man, what a PITA. I learned to always ask for their best installer because that says "this dudes going to be all over us if we nick his nice rims" and generally it's been good since I started doing that.

Larry your kids are definitely lucky to get to ride around in that! They will be surefire car guys growing up! Heck I've known you for 20 years and haven't gotten a ride in it :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sounds like Steve's complaining of riding in the GTR. Maybe you guys need a rideshare day.

Well since I gotta a week, I will clean the wheels and ceramic coat the exterior faces.

Then the 1st exhaust guy I found to make a better midpipe just didn't work out, you just know in your guy red flags. All he wanted to know was my max budget and he wanted me to buy the materials, no quote. Just how much you paying me. Then I asked where is it done at, he said at a place he works sometimes. Then he said, just bring to my house and he will take it there like it's his. I said no way, I said I will meet you there, I go where the car goes. He said he can't do it that way. I said well guess it's not going to happen.

2nd person was thru someone I met out here. He said just bring what you have off the car. Bring what you want done. He said he would make it, then I can install it at home. He said if needs tweaked, he can come over and do it. #2 guy wins

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Then the 1st exhaust guy I found to make a better midpipe just didn't work out, you just know in your guy red flags. All he wanted to know was my max budget and he wanted me to buy the materials, no quote. Just how much you paying me. Then I asked where is it done at, he said at a place he works sometimes. Then he said, just bring to my house and he will take it there like it's his. I said no way, I said I will meet you there, I go where the car goes. He said he can't do it that way. I said well guess it's not going to happen.

2nd person was thru someone I met out here. He said just bring what you have off the car. Bring what you want done. He said he would make it, then I can install it at home. He said if needs tweaked, he can come over and do it. #2 guy wins
Sounds like what I went through on my exhaust for the GTR. Slate wanted the whole car and Graham Rahal was fine with just the midpipe. Easy decision, especially after Slate assured me they had a guy experienced with titanium, but then changed their tune.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I ordered a replacement rear view camera for the Vette. I have no idea if it is in stock, when I will it be shipped, or even it will fix my problem. But for a $100 I figured I would try it and if it does fix my problem, then I dont have to worry about taking the car to the dealer for warranty repair(s).

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Heading to KY tonight for 2 days of baseball in Elizabethtown. Then back here for 2 days of baseball in Bloomington. At some point in the middle of all that need to go to Ohio for a funeral.

Ordering replacement pads and rotors for the rears on the cobra. $550! OUCH!

Brian - that is right. We need to get together and take a spirited run. You can compare the seat dyno feel to the GTR!

LT

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Good afternoon all.

Larry you don't want to know what I paid for the ceramic brakes and rotors, but they are so lightweight I'd do it again. And yes, I definitely need a ride in the yellow rocketship.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Commute to work 10 minutes, home 1 hour. People! driving thru the tunnel north is just like south. Quit crashing going south !!!!

I was going clean and wash wheels when I got home, but humid and raining.

Next week 1LE alignment and inspection so I can be a legal virgianian.

Then exhaust , then tune.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Good morning all.

Chris glad you found a solution to the smog BS and that you can keep the 1LE. You've put together a great car and it would've sucked to have sold it for far less than it's worth.

Having the sound system tuned and dialed in on Daenreys today, because you know, she's got to sound as good as she looks :)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Z - interested in the specs of your mobile audio system.
I've got a JL audio amp powering the Sub (can't recall the brand of sub but it's a small aftermarket sub that sits in the factory spot in between the seats on these cars). Morel supertweeters, alpine r-a60f 600 watt amp for the rest of the speakers, mp654 pro diamond 6.5" door speakers, and the key component is the audison bit 10 audio processor. I'm still using the factory head unit because the options are limited (and pricey) for these cars. Not a super expensive system, but should be great after tuning.

9041 - 9060 of 9100 Posts