Ford Mustang Forums banner

8921 - 8940 of 8987 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Good afternoon all.

Had fun hanging out with Chris on Saturday. Saw some cool cars and had a great brunch.

·
Registered
158 Posts
K-member and a-arms arrived last week. Have a 03-04 Cobra steering rack on the way. So much stuff to do still....

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Sounds like fun Matt - 10 years ago. If I ever take on a project like that again, someone come burn down my garage.

Good morning all.

Spent two plus hours changing out one rear brake on the Kia that Caleb drives. It needed a new rotor and caliper, but for some reason the old rotor wasn't budging. I assumed it was rusted on and kept banging it with a sledge hammer, but nope, there were two screws in the rotor that hold it to the hub??!!!! What the hell Kia, who puts screws in a rotor?? Just one more example of why I'd starve as a mechanic.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I assumed it was rusted on and kept banging it with a sledge hammer, but nope, there were two screws in the rotor that hold it to the hub??!!!!
I'm not sure what to say..................................

I promise, I am not laughing at you, I am laughing with you. :whistle:;)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I'm not sure what to say..................................

I promise, I am not laughing at you, I am laughing with you. :whistle:;)
Clearly I'm a horrible mechanic, but other than retainer clips that sometimes slip over the lugs to hold the rotor in place, I'm never seen screws holding on a rotor before. Maybe that's a thing on cars today but I know it wasn't on my 2016 mustang or my GTR.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Maybe that's a thing on cars today but I know it wasn't on my 2016 mustang or my GTR.
Sorry to make it worse, but it has been a thing on cars for quite a few decades. I was removing rotor retaining screws (sometimes bolts) when I was Wrench Monkey 30 years ago.

Dont fret, I'd probably be worse lawyer than you are a mechanic. :)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Good morning all.

Well I've not done many passenger car brakes at all, but on all of the sports cars I've owned and done brakes on I'd never encountered anything other than a retaining clip, which I verified the kia didn't have. Live and learn I guess, but hopefully I won't be doing brakes anytime soon, the dude at meineke can take my $59.95 all day long for a pad change, unless it's on my GTR.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I enjoyed Saturday as well brian, stupid expensive cars with less 300hp makes no sense.

Broke my my record from door to door from 11.5 hours to 10:10 hours. Took 1.5 tanks of gas. Went a different way thru Dayton, less crazy.

Larry I thought a segment of 35 looked familiar near you home, but a crap ton of dealerships were built since your wedding.

I saw a vintage beetle in the mountains on 64, he was slower then the semi's going up hill

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I enjoyed Saturday as well brian, stupid expensive cars with less 300hp makes no sense.
Yeah those Jaguars with $88k price tags and 300 hp were unbelievable. I definitely like the lines of the jags, but between their reliability issues and price, they are no beuno.

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
Good afternoon everyone!

Missed the snow in Indy last night as I left for TN around noon. Down here for a few days and then back home.

Chris - yeah, there are a ton of dealerships in the area now. Getting out of control.

LT

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Good morning all.

Going to try and install the new steering wheel this evening and hope that I don't screw it up. If you see me with airbag indentations and bruising on my face then you'll know I failed, again.

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
Good afternoon all!

LT

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Good morning all.

Stev-0 I will not video any of my mechanical misadventures, sorry, but you'll need to get your entertainment fix elsewhere.

Any interested in this: GO LIKE HELL! 6:30PM RUN GROUP — ARTOMOBILIA

June 5 Road Rally. They have 6:30 pm, 7 pm and 7:30 pm departure times.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I've asked my warden if she will give me permission to take her car........prolly do the 6:30.
Let me know once you confirm and I'll plan to sign up for the same slot.

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
Good afternoon all!

On the way back from TN this morning, we passed a bunch of Steve's friends (white hair, white guys in vettes) driving in succession. It looked like there might be a show or something in the Elizabethtown, KY area.

LT

·
Registered
777 Posts
Good afternoon all!

On the way back from TN this morning, we passed a bunch of Steve's friends (white hair, white guys in vettes) driving in succession. It looked like there might be a show or something in the Elizabethtown, KY area.

LT
The National Corvette Museum Bash is this weekend.

8921 - 8940 of 8987 Posts