Ford Mustang Forums banner

8561 - 8580 of 8793 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
They told us to work from home next week do to many people ignoring CDC recommendations

·
Registered
147 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving guys!

We have thankfully been covid free so far, my daughters preschool closed for a week due a teacher for a different age group being positive. There has only been 1 child case at my wife's school. My job is crazy though...I think I head last week there were 60 people out plant wide. That is not just positive cases, but contact tracing as well.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Good morning all.

Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. It was different this year for sure. I felt so bad for my mom having to be by herself for Thanksgiving. We brought her some food but couldn't risk going inside. Just sucks.

Putting the blizzacks on the bmw this weekend. Snow coming soon.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Good morning everyone!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and long weekend. Ours was different this year, as well. We stayed home and the only person that came over was my father-in-law. It was nice, though, and relaxing without the stress of trying to go several places.

Trans is out of the car and getting ready to be rebuilt. I think it is going to get a new gearset as well.

LT

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Good afternoon all.

Larry yes Thanksgiving was very different this year, but still good.

The great weather could not last forever, right? Amazing that I didn't need to put the GTR up until this weekend. I've got a few plans for it over the winter, but nothing to radical. I want it to be a reliable street car that I daily drive in good weather. I would really like to upgrade the seats, but it sounds like a bit of a pita to defeat the airbags for the seats and such. It can be done, but I understand it's a bit involved.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Morning all.

Daughter-in-law has the covid. Now I have to quarantine and get tested tomorrow. This blows. Vacation may be in jeopardy for real and I haven't taken a day off work since Dec. 2019.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Good afternoon!

Brian - that really stinks! Hopefully, you are able to avoid it.

LT

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Good morning everyone!

LT

·
Registered
360 Posts
Everyday this week work is seeing a rise of covid, which also with tracing is putting additional staff out. With increasing orders it's getting tough. They have the whole office working from home. Crazy part I wish I could go in to break up the stale report and instruction writing that I am doing.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Good morning everyone!

We are working from home a lot right now because of the surge in cases. Trying to keep the lab going and reducing the impact of tracing in the event someone does test positive.

I hope the weather is sunny and dry this weekend because I have finally been convinced to put lights on the house.

LT

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Good morning all.

Tested negative for covid so that is good. Still not sure what's going to happen with my travel plans.

·
Registered
360 Posts
New homes should have option to have embedded LED xmas light option. I bet alot of people would do it

·
Registered
360 Posts
Brian, sounds like private jet time

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Good morning and TGIF!!!!

I got half the lights done last night and hopefully get the rest done tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

LT

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
I put our lights up 3 weeks ago when it was 70 degrees outside. I'm so smart.
I was resistant to put them up then. I lost the fight. LOL!!!

LT

·
Registered
731 Posts
I was resistant to put them up then. I lost the fight. LOL!!!

LT
I didnt want to put them up that early. I'm a traditionalist and have always put them up the day after Thanksgiving (or that Saturday if weather dictated it). But I despise the cold now that I am older. I will take every advantage and opportunity I can to keep out of it.

Lights didnt get turned on until the day after Thanksgiving. So I am only half a traditionalist now.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Werd.

Rough weekend for me. Had to hit "BUY NOW" button on ebay TWICE this weekend!! Thankfully we had plenty of Tylenol and ice packs to help keep the swelling in my finger down. Recovery should be pretty quick.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Morning everyone!

Steve - be careful not to over exert yourself this week. You are not as young as you once were and need extra time to recover.

Good news: I got all the lights up and didnt fall off the roof doing it. I need to get a picture at night with them on and will post it. I think they turned out well.

Bad news: Rachel's 15 year-old nephew took his own life on Friday morning. It has been an extremely emotional weekend, to say the least. Rachel and her dad are heading to Kansas right now for the funeral. I would appreciate any and all thoughts and prayers for the family!

LT

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Morning all.

Larry I am so sorry to hear that. It's a shame that the media isn't reporting on the fact that suicide is at epidemic levels and that in the last 20 years the suicide rate has exploded. Why? I have a lot of ideas but we really need to address it. Again I am so sorry for Rachel's family. Kaitlyn has had 5 friends take their lives. All young people. So incredibly sad.

8561 - 8580 of 8793 Posts