Ford Mustang Forums banner

8341 - 8356 of 8356 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Got the cobra started and a test drive this weekend. Everything seems to be good, other than a trans fluid leak. I know that I overfilled the trans on Friday night, so it looks like the leak is from the expansion of the fluid and pushing it out the catch can. I hope to get some more miles on it this week and ready for a tune.

LT

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Good morning all.

Alec is on his way to San Diego, and then onto Baja Mexico for school. Wish I could have gone with him but my office's idiotic policy of quarantining for 14 days after a trip is not possible for me.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Brian - that is pretty exciting! I hope he has a good time and enjoys it. I am sure it can be a great experience and opportunity for him.

LT

·
Registered
273 Posts
What school is he going to?

Been helping my niece in Florida buy her first car. She had actually Sarah Jubina's mercury sable. It had 180k miles and after a recent inspection it needed about $8k in maintenance.

So she told me her budget was $13k. I started searching her area for less then 30k mile, less then 6 year old cars. Not alot of great choices, but entry level honda and Toyota. I found some really good deals.

So she says she went to look
At the honda civic, but test drove a 2017 Lexus C200H hybrid. With 20k miles. I asked for the link. $18k!!! What happened to the $13k budget!

For that money you can get new entry level, low interest,

Nope she wanted the Lexus. It was a good deal. She got it for $17k. It books on kbb and Edmund at $23k. It has all the upgrades options. Whoever owned it, only drove 9k miles a year.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Typical "emotional" car buyer. Dangle the pretty car in front of them and all of a sudden their budget is gone.

LT

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Raises hand as emotional car buyer . . . needs winter beater with all wheel drive and strongly considering Audi RS5's.

Good morning all.

Who's the best on car stereo installs? Used a place over on Washington street for some stuff on my mustang, but may try another shop for some GTR audio upgrades.

Chris he is going to YWAM in San Diego/Baja, but the school is in Baja Mexico. He'll be learning and also doing mission work in Mexico, such as building homes and schools. YWAM's campus is right on the water and from the pics it looks beautiful. We never visited the campus, but a friend of mine is on the Board of YWAM and he has been there many times and couldn't say enough good things about it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
So he is wanting to be a minister or just help people. Pretty cool, I would down for year of surfing and skating for $4k Alex!

A stereo, what you want to go slower. Just pandora and a portable speaker and your good to go

·
Registered
273 Posts
So what is the other twin going to do?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Great sounding tunes are almost as important to me as my car going fast and looking good. Unfortunately, it costs a lot to get a truly great sounding car audio system. I just happened upon a guy selling morel supremo speakers out of his GTR that he was returning to stock. They are $5k speakers new, and he sold them for $1k.

Garrett is going to airline mechanic school. My oldest son Caleb, has been training for the last year to be a commercial airline pilot, so he'll be flying them and Garrett will be maintaining them.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Sounds like Caleb needs to not make his little brother mad in the future. LOL!!!

Football game tonight against Franklin. I dont know anything about the team we are playing but the other teams that have played Franklin this week have said they are vulnerable up the middle, which is good. We have a strong, hard-running pair of backs that we can use to pound the ball up the middle all night.

LT

·
Registered
273 Posts
Everything I need to do on car is on hold. Been working on the honey do list. Finished the hall bathroom almost. Gotta hang mirror and towel rods, some caulking. That was a 5 year project. This weekend I bought the EasyOn gutter covers from Costco. Will be cleaning gutters for last time Saturday. Install covers

Then I have to pressure wash deck and seal it.

Next spring I am replacing deck boards and adding more deck plus a fire pit. 500 sq.ft. of deck is alot of boards.

Getting a quote for custom exhaust to go from downpipe to IRS as a single 4" pipe the Y into the dual pipes.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Good morning all.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Good morning all.

I think there might be an exhaust leak on the downpipe install. Need to get it on the lift and see if I can figure it out. Keep getting an engine code related to the passenger side 02 sensor, but the tuner said the logs look good and that an exhaust leak can cause random codes for 02 sensors. Need to figure it out so we can finish the e85 remote tune.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Good afternoon!

It has been a busy morning but then again that seems to be the norm for Fridays around here.

We had a breakout game last night beat Franklin 42-18! Our #1 RB had 5 touchdowns. I wish we had stats because I am pretty sure all of them were over 50 yards and he had over 300 yards rushing. Other than being burnt on a pass play and a play where we only had 9 on the field, our defense played outstanding! The boys are really starting to grasp the game.

LT

8341 - 8356 of 8356 Posts