·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Good morning everyone!

LT

·
Registered
97 Posts
Brian - all of this quarantining is probably going to make you even busier once this is all over. Heard the divorce rate is skyrocketing in China because of this.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
I can see how the quarantine with stress relationships.

Also, just saw they are closing Indiana public schools unitl May 1st now.

LT

·
Registered
550 Posts
Also, just saw they are closing Indiana public schools unitl May 1st now.

LT
Saw that too. Not good. Not a good sign at all. I fear they will extend the shut down of bars and restaurants as well. Boston has shut down all construction project. Chicago is not far behind. I fear other major metropolitan areas will follow suit. Cause that what people do, blindly follow others. Big 3 auto plants shut down. So smaller suppliers will be shut down simply by association.

Ugh.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Divorce, the only people effected are the people who had sugar daddys and mommys who were married. No more "i am working late" or 2 hour lunches. Those people will have to get jobs

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
It is Friday and Spring is here, so there are some positives.

Looks like the US cases went up 50% yesterday, so this thing is starting to see the peak rise. No sure where this is going but it will not be good for the economy.

Some smaller suppliers are shut down. Rachel's dad works for one and the just closed his plant. They are going to pay them for only one week and then no income until they open back up.

Stay health fellas!

LT

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Good morning all.

Economy collapsing so what did I do - bought a 2012 GTR. Got a heck of a deal on it if I can survive it. Should be shipped in the next week.

Yes I'm sure the sequestering will cause divorce rates to spike. I'm already busy though so I didn't need more work.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Agreed! Congrats!!! Now share the pics!

Now, is probably a good time to buy new vehicles and what not. I bet the deals are amazing!

LT

·
Registered
550 Posts
We are shopping trucks. The deals are in fact pretty crazy. Both Ford and Chevy are discounting big on 2019 models. $55K plus (MSRP) trucks can be had for low to mid $30's now.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Thoughts on these wheels? Guy in Illinois on Facebook marketplace selling these.

·
Registered
97 Posts
We have a new Subaru Outback coming in on Monday. If we didn't have that showing up, I would definitely be shopping for a truck right now. The deals are INSANE. 84 months no interest.....

Brian - love the look of a red GTR.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Good morning everyone!

So far so good on staying healthy.

I like it Brian. Should be a fun commuter car, but agree with Steve the other rims dont do much for me.

I have thought about buying Rachel's new vehicle now but also not sure making a major financial decision like that is a great idea at this point.

LT

·
Registered
550 Posts
Eh, buy several new cars!

With crazy low interest rates and the way the democrats are going, with wanting to waive student debt, and give free healthcare to everyone (including non citizens), the dollar will be worth nothing in short time. So buy all the expensive stuff now.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Good afternoon all.

If you guys haven't watched the Tiger King on Netflix you should. Its about the exotic animal rescues/zoos and specifically highlights the one in Oklahoma that I've taken my family to a bunch. What those exotic animal people do is unbelievable. Its must watch tv.

So the GTR will be delayed. We're doing the transaction through a local dealership in Dallas to protect both of us, so they're charging the seller a fee to add it to their inventory, but we're both protected somewhat from any fraud. So I overnighted a cashiers check to the dealership but Dallas is on a lockdown order, which means there's no one at the dealership to sign for the check. So the seller has a friend with a trailer who might agree for a fee to bring the car to me and then take the cashier's check back with him. Otherwise it will be a few weeks at the earliest for me to get this car. Hopefully we'll get it sorted out. I got such a good deal on this GTR that if I needed to I could sell it for more than I paid for it. It's super clean.

7721 - 7740 of 7820 Posts