Ford Mustang Forums banner

7421 - 7440 of 7455 Posts

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Good morning!

Hanging in cold rainy Michigan. Got here at 9:00 for a trial and things are a little messed up so we are not running the trial until 10:00...tonight! Lucky me.

PD blowers are for old guys that can handle the top end pull of the turbo. LOL!!!

LT

·
Registered
875 Posts
Good morning all.

Had our basketball draft last night. Coaching the twins in rec league one last time. They're seniors so it may be the last time they play organized sports since I don't think either plans to play in college. Time really does fly.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Plus if you have gods motor that has stump pulling torque from the factory, you don't need a bandaid for low end torque:D

·
Registered
875 Posts
Good evening all.

Going to be another cold game! If they win though the next game will be indoors :) I've given up predicting how this team will do, so will just wait to see how it plays out.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Heading to Disney tomorrow with the family so looking forward to the warmer weather.

Brian - it looks like you need to keep predicting a loss because Lutheran is killing it. It would be great to see them get a state title.

LT

·
Registered
875 Posts
Good morning all.

Larry have fun and enjoy the weather! We never took the kids there, but I'm sure its a lot of fun for them.

Yes we killed that team but they had 4 starters injured, 3 on the offensive line. At 6A it doesn't matter so much to have starters go down, but in 1A that's a really big deal to due to lack of depth and numbers. We'd probably still have won because we did play a good game and had zero turnovers, but it would have been tougher. The kid that is committed to IU from their team got into it several times with Garrett on kick return. The kid was 6'6" at least but Garrett didn't back down. They had several shoving matches after the whistle. Their coaches must have seen Garrett making all the special teams tackles the week before and assigned that kid to block Garrett.

So yes it's on to state to play a really good Lafayette Central Catholic team that only lost to some good 3A programs early in the season. They win the 1A title frequently, so their coaches have been here before and know how to win at this level. They won so much in 1A that they got moved up to 2A until this year and now they are back in 1A. Lutheran will be moved up to 2A next year too based up on the point system. Friday at noon at the Colt's stadium. Should be great.

Will probably hold off on a new vehicle for now. Was considering a GT500 once ADM ends on them, or 2019 GT, but I'm sure there will be issues with the new GT500 initially, and the Gen coyotes are 12:1 compression and not as boost friendly, and I really don't want to build another car right now. So I'll drive this one through late spring at least, or maybe even summer, and then look at the GT500. No sense in paying ADM for a car that will be mass produced.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Disney FTW!!

Larry, very interested in your review of the new Star Wars area at Disney. Wife and I are considering a trip early next year to check it out.

Be safe and have fun!!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Morning all.

Garrett needs a root canal but doesn't want to get it until after the state title game. He knows he'll have to miss practice if he gets it now and then he won't play. Sad deal for him because I'm sure the pain is going to become unbearable and he'll have to get it done anyway before Friday.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Been getting my parts list together, watching black friday deals. Before pulling trigger on a few items.

Decided to go E85, david said on 10lbs with factory pump, dsx flex kit, dsx aux kit. Will be safe @ 700 wheel on a stock block.

But before install going to have a ls9 cam installed and a new monster twin disc clutch

Also upgraded to a precision wastegate and turbosmart race port blowoff valve.

Looking breathers and a radiator overflow tank. Stock gets removed for turbo

·
Registered
875 Posts
Good morning all.

How does E85 compare to pump gas on price? Could you daily a car that's on E85? I did a quick search and if google maps is correct there are more E85 stations around than I previously thought. E85 is really the only way to make big power on the Gen3 coyotes because of their 12:1 compression.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Have a great T-day folks!! Turkey coma here I come!!

There is no reason you couldnt use it in a daily driver; E85 is less expensive than gasoline, but it is also roughly 20%-30% less efficient. So if E85 isnt at least roughly 20% cheaper than gas, you would be actually be spending more to travel the same distance. But when you are using it to make good power, then we dont care about the small difference in cost.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yo. Anyone score decent Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals?

I bought a dashcam so I can have video evidence of my felonious driving activities.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Good morning all.

I got a new tv for a decent price for our bedroom, otherwise didn't spend a lot on Black Friday.

Garrett's team lost by 1 point. They were winning with 2 minutes to go, missed a field goal that hit the upright, and the other team went down, scored, went for two and got it to win the game. Crushing defeat for Lutheran, but at least they finally made it to state and acquitted themselves well.

As for E85 I wasn't as concerned about gas mileage as I was about how cars do long term running that stuff. In other words, can you daily it and it not cause other issues that might not show up in a rarely driven weekend car.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Brian - that is a heartbreaking defeat!

As far as E85, I would suspect that running a daily on E85 would be less detrimental than a weekend only car. I would think keeping the fuel moving thru the car and refilling the tank weekly would be better than just letting it sit. I could be wrong. I do know that there are differing qualities of E85, but I also assume that the pump E85 has gotten better over the years.

Disney was great and we had a great time. Of course, now I need another vacation to rest as we walked more than 5 miles each day, got up early, and went to bed late. Steve, the Star Wars area is really awesome. The details are insane. I would say the biggest knock on it is there is only 1 ride open right now and the second is opening this week, so there is not a lot to do I that area right now. Now, back to work but at least I only have 10 working days left this year.

Chris - you are really going to enjoy the turbo set up.

LT

·
Registered
121 Posts
BF deals. Mighty Mouse Solutions catch can, Monster Clutch Twin Disc kit, and cam swap kit.

E85 daily probably be way better, e85 sitting turns to water. But with a flex tune, you can run gas and e85. So your not boned like people with e85 only tunes, go out of town and can't find e85 stations.

People keep saying turbos lag, but that is just mechanical traction control.

Keeping going back n forth on turbo. Precision LS 76/75 vs VS Racing 78/75 billet next gen. The precision has anti-blower surge machine case and cast wheel, but good to 1200hp. VS Racing china built billet wheel.
I keep leaning towards precision its got the bigger turbo qualities.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Morning Brian, guys.

Well I got the rest of my suspension bought with MM’s weekend deals. So I’ll be full coil-overs on Bilstein shocks and struts. I’ll just need a bumpsteer kit, but I still have to figure out if I’m going to buy a 03-04 Cobra rack or not.

We had a terrible holiday as Lucy’s mom was put into hospice care on Tuesday and passed Saturday night. She had been battling metastatic breast cancer for 4 years.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I remeber when hidays built that fox for a guy and it had a termy rack and they converted the car to termy brake pump/brake booster. I bet that car is still sitting by the fence. Its been almost 20 years, it was there 3 years ago

7421 - 7440 of 7455 Posts