Ford Mustang Forums banner

3981 - 4000 of 8025 Posts

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Brian - you've got that team playing very well. I could see the opposing QB getting very frustrated after the 2nd or 3rd time he ended up on his back.

Steve - don't feel bad, I drove my car from my parents barn (winter storage) up to my place, washed it, then started tearing it down to check the rockers.... It's sat just waiting for me to pull the valve cover ever since.

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Good morning all.

Stev-O just make it your DD and then you won't complain about never driving it (you'll just complain about all the miles your putting on it :))

Well little 1A Lutheran beat 6A Franklin Central last night 21-0. Was a closer game than the score indicates and FC played well, but in the end we wore them down thanks to our no-huddle and execution. Really fun game.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Thanks guys. Was hesitant to have Tim paint it black. Didn't know if it would come out right, meaning the black on red but I think it looks amazing. Glad that I bought the fab panels and did the Maximum Motorsports CC plates, they really go well with the black engine bay.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Good morning!

Tired!!!

That is all!!!

LT

·
Banned
6,442 Posts
Well after waiting 3 days for Skyler's pics to download (I am still using a dial up connection - I just like the crazy robot sounds of a modem), I finally got to see the progress pics.

Lookin' good!!! Lookin ' real good!!

Good call on painting the engine bay black, looks awesome.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Great job Larry!

I agree, tired as hell. Got home @ 4:30 this morning.

But I did get some new updates from Tim!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Skyler - the swap is looking awesome! Seeing how well Foist's car runs at 3190 lbs, yours should be strong!!!

LT

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Yea Matt's car gets down. I think the motors are a wash on weight. The 302 and the Coyote. But i'm still looking to drop weight with the K-member and A-arms. Wanna see 2690 or less which is pretty doable. The one positive is that the corner weight of the car is going to change more with moving stuff around which should help out in the long run.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Hump Day!

Thanks guys! Wish I would have gotten more passes because the car was ready to run and I know I can drive it to 9.3x.

LT

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Something else is going on Larry. I have run three pumps for 5 years and all the same electronic devices and have no issue. Difference is the battery relocation on your car. What kit did you run? What gauge wire?

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
The wiring is double ought and there are redundant grounds. The more research I do the more I think it is the brand of alternator I chose and his recommended pulley size. Unless you are buying the Billet Tech alternator, you should not be spinning it past 20k rpms. Since my car pulls to 7k that means the ratio needs to be 3:1 or better. The stock crank is 9.75", so I should be using a min 3.25" pulley. The pulley that was sent with my alternator and suggested for use from the builder of the alternator is small. I am guessing less than 2".

I am looking at Mechman and Nations Alternators to see what options they have. I want something that will hold 14.5V all the time. When this alternator gets back from rebuild I will be putting a 3.25" alternator on it and putting it on the shelf as a spare.

LT

·
Banned
6,442 Posts
Screw the alternator; go full race car!!

Delete alternator, run two mini batts in series through a solid state voltage regulator (with heat sink). BAM!! Instant 9.2x!

Ya, I rock the Casbah..................

3981 - 4000 of 8025 Posts