Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok went back to the track sat night. Armed with a set of 28x9x15 MT ET Drags My car was hooking like a SOB! Cut alot of 1.7xx 60' times. Best was a 12.634 @110.08mph beating a Z06 corvette. Sadly at the end of the strip by the return road the inner fender shredding the left slick. There was a part in the road. Slowing down I saw it and jerked the car to the right to avoid it and the leaning car sliced my new et drag.

So after 5 passes the night ended early for me. Although I have been able to launch the car past idle and bite. The best launches took place at 5200rpm, dumping the clutch, any lower and it bogged for a sec and then went.

Some of you may remeber I cut a 12.6 and 12.7 with 1.8xx and 1.9xx 60' times on 245/50/16 555R's launching at idle. I suspect the 2'' taller tire being the reason my car isn't ETing faster than 12.6xx.

Also, I changed my PCV to one from the turbo coupe. And am still blowing oil out my dipstick. So I will be putting a cap on the manifold and converting the pcv and valve cover to a breather system to determine if it is blow-by or improperly operating pcv system.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Best was a 12.634 @110.08mph beating a Z06 corvette.
Any night this happens can be considered a good night. Sorry to hear about trashing your new slick though, that sucks.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thanks for the compliment. Yea it sucks about my tire but like they say, you live and you learn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts