Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to get my car tuned and it seems impossible. 351w, bosch white top 160s, honda res boxes, ms1 v2.2 extra.

The injectors don't seem to be very consistent. 1 pull they show 11s under boost then another pull right after it goes lean...atleast it shows lean.

My buddy says I need MS2 for the 16x16 map cause the 12x12 isnt giving me enough tuning space then he also says tghats how 160s run. I would like to drive my car plz help.

·
Registered
265 Posts
ms2 resolution is much higher (like 10x if my memory serve me right). also, your bosch are not the most forgiving injectors on the market if used with ballast...try injectors, much eazyer

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Maybe something with the resistor box?

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Can you use a Versafueler injector driver? Mine works great. I have 120's. I know 160's are harder but it's a great box.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm gonna try upgrading my daughterboard to the ms2 and go from there.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Is the driver required with ms2?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
160's are notorious for having tuning and drivability issues.
X2

They are not linear in their output during low pw. At low pw you will remove fuel and it will get richer. Invest in a better injector if your concerned about drivibility.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
idle and driveability are fine its when I go into boost it becomes inconsistent.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Driveability means all around this includes getting in and out of boost, part/wot different rpms etc. I was warned to stay away from 160s and have seen quite a few others that chased issues for months and it was the 160's all along. Honestly if you look around you will find alot more issues than not with them. Food for thought.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Yea I've actually seen people go straight to 2000cc injectors because the problems with 160's. I'd look into some FIC's. I've read alot of good things about them.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I run 220lb injectors with no problems anywhere.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My buddy is supposed to swap out my v2.2 board for a v3.0 which has low impedance injector drivers we will see how that goes.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Switched from ms1 v2.2 to ms1 3.57 so now I have low-z drivers and we found out my plugs were entirely too cold for e85. I looked on the plug faq and decided to use the 4 step colder ngk plugs when the 1 step colder were just fine before. So a plug change and a tune....I hope.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ALL IS WELL NOW! NGK 6s instead 11s worked like a charm.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Did you use the PWM to dial in the injectors or just use the base settings? Im going with some low Z injectors and just kinda wont to know what im getting into. Im running MS2 v3.57. Im not new to tuning the car at all just havnt use low impedance injectors with squirt befor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts