Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I have a QA1 K member but I kep the struts and a arms stock. Of course I want to lose more weight now and I want to go to qa1 a arms. I decided I dont want to do coil overs and I want to run my strange 10 way struts I have right now. Are the coil over qa1 a arms diferent from the strut mount a arms from qa1. also, how much weight will I save just doing the a arms and nothing else. And will I need to do a front end alignment when Im done, thanks a lot for the help, you guys rock!!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
If the aftermarket A-arms have spring perches then you can do that. If not, then you have to run coilovers. If you don't change the ride height then you don't need to re-align it when you're just changing arms as long as they are the same length as the ones you are replacing.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm pretty sure you have to run the coil overs with the tubular a-arms....I don't recall seeing any of them with the spring perches on them.

....you won't regret having the coil over, especially with the strange struts...

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have the qa1 k-member and a-arms with strange struts and coil overs. I was under there yesterday messing with the starter, there is so much more room now instead of tryin to reach around this or that. I used to have to use a 3' ext. on my ratchet and come in from the front, now just give me a socket and a ratchet and i'll brb.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Oh ya....the tubular stuff is great. I've got all the Team Z stuff on my car....I can take the oil pan off the engine with it in the car. That came in real handy to fix a leaky pan gasket.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
I run tubular as well but have coilovers. The UPR kit that I have doesn't have spring perches.

I'd really like to have the factory style back on the front just for more streetable use though.

·
Registered
740 Posts
yes you will need an alignment.

qa1 k member with stock a arms moves the wheels forward, putting on their a arms will move them back to the stock location, so your toe will be all jacked up. i'm sure you'll need to have the caster/camber reset as well.

long story short, yeah you need another alignment.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How are people running struts up front with the coil overs, I dont get it, I thought coil overs delete the front struts. Im confused

1 - 12 of 12 Posts