Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any old schoolers still here???

been away a while... but boy yall gotta see what ol' b-rad been up too..

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
Damn....haven't seen your name in a long time. Can't say I'm surprised that nobody has responded yet though as it's died down significantly.

So what have you been up to?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn....haven't seen your name in a long time. Can't say I'm surprised that nobody has responded yet though as it's died down significantly.

So what have you been up to?
trying to rotate the earth with the latest project.. it's a street race car for no prep and cash days. gonna have to post some pics as soon as i get the motor back in her..

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just got back not to long ago myself. Couldn't get logged back on under my other user name that I had for like 15 years.

How are things over there in MS?

·
Registered
38 Posts
doing good buddy. you still got that baddazz stang?

Nah. Sold it back in '10. Bought a '69 fastback to make a street car out of about a year later. Couldn't really go racing as much with a wife and kid, plus the tracks here in AL are all horrible. You need a tubbed car with big slicks and a 4 link to hook with less power than my motor was making. So I sold the race car.

I decided I would rather have a street car I could actually use instead of just racing.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nah. Sold it back in '10. Bought a '69 fastback to make a street car out of about a year later. Couldn't really go racing as much with a wife and kid, plus the tracks here in AL are all horrible. You need a tubbed car with big slicks and a 4 link to hook with less power than my motor was making. So I sold the race car.

I decided I would rather have a street car I could actually use instead of just racing.
man i know what you mean.. cant race near as much as i use to .... but racing here has totally changed.. everyone went to street racing... so i've sold timebomb :( went bracket racing with my 66 chevy 2.. now building a street race car with a 62 chevy 2 ss.... its a double round tube chassis.. strange strut suspension... 4 link.. steel roof and rear quarters with vin.. 509 BBC with a 14-71 high helix blower.. alky injected.. glide.. 34x16 slicks.. just your average everyday street race car here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah racing has changed around here also. It's all about big money grudge racing. I guy I work with told me today about a $25,000 grudge bet this weekend at Montgomery. I just stick with the test and tune every few months. My car has a mild 351 in it, overdrive transmission, full weight. I can drive it anytime, anywhere I want.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah racing has changed around here also. It's all about big money grudge racing. I guy I work with told me today about a $25,000 grudge bet this weekend at Montgomery. I just stick with the test and tune every few months. My car has a mild 351 in it, overdrive transmission, full weight. I can drive it anytime, anywhere I want.
man i know.. it's like can i afford to build this car.... and if i can .... i dang sure dont have 5-10g everyone throwing down on ONE race.. i'm gonna try to stick to no prep events i guess.. man i love the old stangs.. 69 fastback is my dream car.

have you got facebook man? if so look me up.. brad barrett. i would love to see some pics of that hot rod.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Ugh, i can't stand the FB groups. I try to post on FB once in a while and it's like being a lawyer where guys will pick your statements apart in any attempt to discredit you and have their opinion reign supreme.

Forums have changed. While i spent my youth here and on another popular Mustang forum, i will admit that the clunky mobile version of corral keeps me only visiting when i can get on a PC.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts