Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using a Ford TFI module to give a MSD box the signal and fire the plugs and the PIP signal seems to work just fine but when I plug in the SPOUT signal the car dies. The SPOUT shows 0 volts at the TFI module and the manual shows it should have at least 5 volts. I now have put 2 new Motorcraft and 2 MSD TFI modules on this car and they all show 0 volts at the SPOUT signal wire. Am I missing something or have I gotten this many bad parts? I have isolated and checked all wires to check for any ground faults and found none so the module or my new Haltech computer has to be the problem

·
Registered
622 Posts
SPOUT is spark output. The computer sends timing information to the TFI module on the spout circuit. If the car runs fine with the spout connector out and dies when you install it, it is likely an issue with the computer or the spout wiring circuit. I would not expect a bad TFI module.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked all the wires to be sure it was no wiring issues. There is no SPOUT voltage when the car is running and if I understand the diagnostics correctly there should be 9-12 volts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts