Ford Mustang Forums banner

ignition box...

977 views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Heartbreaker 
#1 ·
hey guys in the market for a new ignition box. i have a carbed 357w with a heavily ported set of performer heads and a matching bumpstick. plan on following the modified street rules(single plate). was running a 6al and 3 stage retard but rewiring the car and looking to put some new technology and clean the wiring up a bit. what is everybody running and why did you choose that?

thanks for the input

#2 ·
7531 box. how fast they running in modified street.... we run a single plate and run in the 5.5x easy.... 7531box is the ticket. there's nothing you can't do with it!

#3 ·
thats what i was told... i think the modified street record is a low 5.2x maybe a 5.1x by now. not planning on being competetive just hoping for a 5.7 at around 118. whats the benefits of running the 7531 over something like a 7al2?

#4 ·
don't know anything about a 7al2... i got spoiled on the 21 box from the get go... you can take out as small as .1 degree of timing at any 100 rpm incriments, for instance.... there's just nothing you cna't do with this box....

#6 ·
lap top. has nitrous retard on it too. so it only takes it out when the nitrous is on. I'm not saying you can't go as fast as you want with another box. this box is pricey but you have room to grow into. especially if you plan on getting serious about heads up racing

#7 ·
MSD 7531 is top notch for sure. I hope to ditch my Digital6 for one soon. They are pricey, but like bowtieless said, you can do anything you want with them. If you don't want to spend that kind of money, I have had good luck with my Digi6. Has some good features for the money.

#14 ·
7530T over here and had nothing but good luck with it. I am still learning, but so fa it has worked out well for me. Been 5.91 so far. Then again I am setup for 1/4 mile racing. I would not know what to do for 1/8 mile.

#18 ·
If you have a 7531, is there a need for a seperate data logger?

BTW if anyone wants to PM me info about the box, I would appreciate it. I have been researching it, and "tips" are hard to find. Must be top secret.

Honestly, it is a bit intimidating. Seems like you need a masters degree in MSD tuning...

Running a Nitrous setup, looking to be around 5.50's to 60's on a Drag Radial.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.