Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.. I have a sn95 car and was wanting to know if I should relocate my ignition box in the inner driver fender to get it out of the heat? Its currently under the hood and My car seems to run like crap the hotter the temp is outside. Also where did you relocate the remote ignition module? I have mine in the passenger fender but was wondering if I should get it off of the sheet metal so the heat is not transferring through from the turbo? I have been dealing with the car running like crap when it's hot, not so much when it's cool. It's breaking up and running like it's got a fouled plug or dead cylinder when under boost. Runs great up till about 4200 when hot. I can rev it to almost 5900 when cool without breaking up. Timing is safe only 18deg and afr is 11.8. Plug gap is tight .024. Could my engine be vaporlocking or running out of fuel even though I have 255 walbro and fresh fuel filter. Need more suggestions....Thanks appreciate the help.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?......

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
If u think it's the box heating up just move it. I put mine in the trunk as close to the battery as I could. I don't see many turbo cars with the ignition boxes in the engine bay.

·
Registered
259 Posts
My MSD is in the engine compartment. I had a bad fan clutch and it got so hot in the engine bay that it discolored some paint! Never had ignition problems cause of it yet. I'm going to pull the manual fan and go mark 8 fan and variable speed control to keep the engine bay temps down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts