·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
21,779 Posts
damn good deal.......

but the weight thing has me confused,,,,,,,at high rpm shifting , wont those weights make the clutch heavy?

·
Registered
908 Posts
So it want work with the stock T5 bellhousing correct? Just double checking that bellhousing is $700

If it would work with stock bellhousing I'd buy one for the T5 in my DD at that price.

·
Registered
908 Posts
So it want work with the stock T5 bellhousing correct? Just double checking that bellhousing is $700

If it would work with stock bellhousing I'd buy one for the T5 in my DD at that price.
It want I just called :crying2:

·
Registered
908 Posts
Will this thing work with the QT RM-8031 bellhousing for T56 transmission?
Is it a 10 spline Shaft? If so I would call and ask I would think so but you would also need to maybe cut your sleeve and buy another pivot ball.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Is it a 10 spline Shaft? If so I would call and ask I would think so but you would also need to maybe cut your sleeve and buy another pivot ball.
It is an 03 Cobra tranny so yeah 10 spline. I started looking at the instruction and there is some tool for setting up the bearing. I am not familiar with having to do that. It sort of looks like it might be a pain in the butt to install.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey fellas. I have the right QT RM-6065 to run this clutch. I’m finishing building an 11r headed 306 this winter w a 224/232 duration cam. Will be backed by a T5z and 3.73s. Is this too clutch for a 50/50 street/strip 64 Falcon..? Thanks

·
Old timer
5,709 Posts
damn good deal.......

but the weight thing has me confused,,,,,,,at high rpm shifting , wont those weights make the clutch heavy?
Yes.. we use this ACE/Black Magic style pressure plate in the Coyote Stocker.

·
Old timer
5,709 Posts

·
Old timer
5,709 Posts
so, counterweighted plates are not a good idea, if you want a light pedal?
Base pressure can be adjusted by changing the diaphragm. That controls the pedal feel at low RPM.

As the RPM increases, the fingers add more clamp force.

Basically a hybrid design between a "long style" pressure plate and a stock style diaphragm.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Base pressure can be adjusted by changing the diaphragm. That controls the pedal feel at low RPM.

As the RPM increases, the fingers add more clamp force.

Basically a hybrid design between a "long style" pressure plate and a stock style diaphragm.

If I understand this right that mean it should be able to have a street feel to it so it can slip not just a off or on like most 1000+ hp clutches.

·
Old timer
5,709 Posts

Super nice set up. Similar to what we've been using in the Coyote Stocker.

Going to get some custom Black Magic/Boninfante discs made up for the 26 spline input and see how things mate up.

>:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts