Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting results. I had a T4 PT7675CEA making about 1000, but it was plugging up the exhaust.

I changed to a 8280 race housing BW with billet wheel, and at the same boost we gained about 25% power or more on the dyno.

After working through some problems (like the stupid screen that came with the turbo) I tried to make some passes, and the Pro Radial tires just blow right off with the added power. Even down track in high gear the tires bust loose. To stay hooked I have to pull 10 psi of boost out, which puts me right back at the same mid-5 ET I had with the PT7675CEA. So I can make the same ET with less boost, but can't use the extra power.

The extra power also blows through the converter. It only drops from 7500 to 6800 or so on the shift, and my horsepower peak is 6400 (although the HP curve is very flat from 6300 up past 7500). This engine should be maximum torque at 5600 or so, according to the cam supplier. Can't find it on the dyno because of the converter stall. The converter never goes below 6300 under any real power.

I'm going to run my slicks and add a boost controller so I can ramp the boost in. I don't have bead locks so I have to keep the radials at 14 psi, but I can run the slicks way down if I have to. They are screwed to the rims. I already upgraded to a spool and 35 spline axles.

I have a new tighter converter ordered, and I got one with a mechanical diode. My present converter just has a locked stator. I stayed with Hughes for now because they have the baseline specs on the converter I have, so they know what to do on the new one. They said I would pick up a few MPH and it would be better on the street with the mechanical diode.

This stuff is always a project. I should have been happy with mid 5's. I'll have three times in this from what I expected.

Reactions: DreadFox

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I hear you! I was looking forward to starting the car today but ran into an issue with the pass. downpipe hitting the tie rod so now we have to redo that for the 6th time..
aaarrgg..

ks

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear you! I was looking forward to starting the car today but ran into an issue with the pass. downpipe hitting the tie rod so now we have to redo that for the 6th time..
aaarrgg..

ks
I think I fit the definition of insane, in that I keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. I think I can change one thing and not have to spend weeks changing everything else.

·
Registered
330 Posts
You're running the Holley Dominator EFI, right? A Davis Technologies TCS add-on box would help with that traction problem for sure.

EDIT: Saw in another post, you're running the HP EFI but either way the Davis box works on the HP unit as well.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're running the Holley Dominator EFI, right? A Davis Technologies TCS add-on box would help with that traction problem for sure.

EDIT: Saw in another post, you're running the HP EFI but either way the Davis box works on the HP unit as well.
I've decided I have to work on getting my LCA's angled correctly before I do anything else. I plotted the suspension, and it looks like the LCA's are angled way too flat. They need to tilt up at the front considerably.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
I've decided I have to work on getting my LCA's angled correctly before I do anything else. I plotted the suspension, and it looks like the LCA's are angled way too flat. They need to tilt up at the front considerably.

:)

Took me too long to learn the importance of instant center.

You shouldn't be having that much of a problem with traction --- get the car worming right as opposed to using traction control to bandaid chassis and suspension issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts