Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been chasing a rich condition when going into boost . So I started changing igtion parts. (Coil,Dist Pick-up, MSD Box,Dist Module). After all that the condition was still present . So last night I was just checking the tune while the car was running.I then noticed the IAT temp was -value . So checked the wiring and bam it was showing outside temp. So I ordered a new sensor but, I wondering was this the cause of my Rich condition causing a 10-11 afr .

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Yes with speed density a falsely cold IAT will have you running rich.

SD isn't new but isn't a relic of the past either, some of the newest engines and supporting ecu's use SD strategy. Ford's Ecoboost engines are run on SD.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You can check it with a multimeter a thermometer and pot of water. Also check the reading after sitting overnight and it should read ambient temp. Also make sure settings are not in celcius and the ohm settings for sensor in MS are correct.
Is your wideband calibrated and showing the same A/F as Tuner Studio? Have you autotuned it under boost?
My ECT and IAT were in celcius for some reason..... I am getting a new IAT sensor and putting it in my charge pipe just before the throttle body.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can check it with a multimeter a thermometer and pot of water. Also check the reading after sitting overnight and it should read ambient temp. Also make sure settings are not in celcius and the ohm settings for sensor in MS are correct.
Is your wideband calibrated and showing the same A/F as Tuner Studio? Have you autotuned it under boost?
My ECT and IAT were in celcius for some reason..... I am getting a new IAT sensor and putting it in my charge pipe just before the throttle body.
Sensor has been replaced and yes it was bad . I did not tune under Boost with auto tune i used a dyno .

·
Registered
41 Posts
You manually set every cell for fueling during dyno tune? Just wondering, I street tuned mine and my under boost cells were pretty close.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts