Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Prestige appears to be the same quality as Bushwacker, just lower priced. Rivets or no rivets. I know you guys, no rivets. RIVETS ARE FOR ###S! Bushwacker gives me 2.5" of coverage, Prestige gives 2.25". If that makes much a difference.

Smooth, not textured. Painted to match the truck.

ATS sells them color-matched, but their website is a pile of #### and I can't get it to let me pull up my truck in the vehicle picker.

Prestige RX

Prestige EX

Bushwacker Extend-a-Fender 2.25"

Bushwacker Pocket Flare 2.5"

·
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Looks good Dave. Two questions:

1) How does it ride compared to the stock set up?

2) How much noise are you getting out of those tires?
Eric, haven't driven it yet with the new tires. Been a kid-packed weekend. When my wife takes over I'll get out there and check tire pressures and take it for a spin.

·
U.S. Army Active Duty
14,746 Posts
Like I said on better site, your truck looks amazing Dave! Jealous.

And go with panted flares with the flashy rivets.

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
I like the pocket flares myself.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I can answer the noise question, as I had the same tires on my superduty.

They are just like an all terrain tire in every regard, except that they work like an ultra-aggressive mud terrain when offroad.

Quiet, nice ride, long lasting, and they WORK offroad. I didn't really believe the hype til I owned them.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Do the tires rub at full flex? That's the real question. Looks pretty t1ts though.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Very nice !

·
Corral Charter Member
2,594 Posts

They are just like an all terrain tire in every regard, except that they work like an ultra-aggressive mud terrain when offroad.

Quiet, nice ride, long lasting, and they WORK offroad. I didn't really believe the hype til I owned them.
That's what I was looking for, thanks. Do they also track nice and straight, or do they have more tendency to wander?

I looked at a new Dodge over the weekend that looked really sharp and was lifted and tired about the same as Dave's. Look the look, but wasn't sure about how it would be to live with day in and day out.

·
Corral Charter Member
24,973 Posts
All it needs now is some bumper nuts and a The 'Dena/Tapout sticker.

;)

Nice leveling and I'd go with the smooth side flares, you got enough fake rivets on the rims yO!

Michael Means

·
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Closeups of the jackstands please.
:lol: I'll see what I can do for you.

All it needs now is some bumper nuts and a The 'Dena/Tapout sticker.

;)

Nice leveling and I'd go with the smooth side flares, you got enough fake rivets on the rims yO!

Michael Means
Or a Metal Mulisha sticker!

That's what I was looking for, thanks. Do they also track nice and straight, or do they have more tendency to wander?

I looked at a new Dodge over the weekend that looked really sharp and was lifted and tired about the same as Dave's. Look the look, but wasn't sure about how it would be to live with day in and day out.
They track straight! My truck has a very slight right drift but I think that is alignment. When I hold the wheel, it goes in that direction.

Do the tires rub at full flex? That's the real question. Looks pretty t1ts though.
The rub backing out of the driveway.:rofl: I need to hit up my fender liners again, didn't quite get it. I have a bad offset...I'm sure they will rub. It's a mall crawler though.

You are right, these tires are badass. Drive nice and straight, relatively quiet.

·
15,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Well, that's a couple votes for smooth. Lot of votes for the rivets too. I just don't know!

Got the temporary control arm bolt out. Had to use a ratchet strap to pull/rotate the axle back enough to get the new bolt in there. Clearanced the fender liner a little more on the driver's side. Washed it. Threw the center caps on.

Best I can do right now for pics.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts