Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see pics of those rear facing throttle bodies. Prefer to see how they are getting through the firewall on SN95 but will get ideas from anything you can post.

I am moving my A/W to behind the dash on my new SN95 build. And flipping my elbow around to feed through the firewall and mate to the cooler.

pic of sort of how it sits today.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Just a thought, but why not go side mount and go through off to the passenger side through the firewall?

When I gutted my dash, I opened up a lot of space there behind the glovebox I believe was once the heater core and such.

I go forward mount and noticed if I were to flip backwards, I would have to angle the elbow at a significant downward angle to go through the firewall instead of through the cowl area, which puts me pretty close to the intake manifold.

Again, just a thought.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a thought, but why not go side mount and go through off to the passenger side through the firewall?

When I gutted my dash, I opened up a lot of space there behind the glovebox I believe was once the heater core and such.

I go forward mount and noticed if I were to flip backwards, I would have to angle the elbow at a significant downward angle to go through the firewall instead of through the cowl area, which puts me pretty close to the intake manifold.

Again, just a thought.

You may have a point. Point the TB towards the strut tower and turn 90* to the rear. Only issue is my 4" DP will be close to it but I can heat shield it.

Here is the intercooler I will convert to go under the dash. Dual Bell 900 cores. Water feeds into it from both ends and converge in the middle to dain back to the water/ice tank.

Reactions: wytwolf

·
Registered
918 Posts
This is all going under the dash? Wouldn’t you want the Ice box further to the back of the vehicle to transfer that weight?

I really don’t know, that’s the reason I ask.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is all going under the dash? Wouldn’t you want the Ice box further to the back of the vehicle to transfer that weight?

I really don’t know, that’s the reason I ask.
Ice box is in the back now. Where it will stay. The a/w under my upper core support is what I am going to stuff under the dash. No hvac box. Barely any metal dash frame left. Tons of space.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts