Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know how this guy got the hubs for this application? or how he did it? I really love my 93 Cobra wheels and Jeffo said in the past there is no plans of 5-lug, but these fox brakes are scary!! I love my friends cobra brakes, I just don't wanna part with my wheels.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Baer makes pretty much what you are looking for. If I remember correctly it is $1000 plus a $300 core to upgrade to a front setup that use original style spindles, stays 4-lug and upgrades you to either 12" or 13" rotors with PBR calipers. They have many rear setups available also.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Well for the rear he just got some custom lenght 4-lug axles and redrilled the rotors.

No idea how he did the front.

Aren't those Saleens 16" wheels??? How did he clear the 13" brakes??

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
goduke said:
Baer makes pretty much what you are looking for. If I remember correctly it is $1000 plus a $300 core to upgrade to a front setup that use original style spindles, stays 4-lug and upgrades you to either 12" or 13" rotors with PBR calipers. They have many rear setups available also.
Thanks I'm gonna take a look at that!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mustang5L5 said:
Well for the rear he just got some custom lenght 4-lug axles and redrilled the rotors.

No idea how he did the front.

Aren't those Saleens 16" wheels??? How did he clear the 13" brakes??
For the rears I figure my 93 cobra discs should be sufficent for now. I don't road race or anything like that yet. Just really tired of less than Ideal brakes in a hi 10 sec street car.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
They you definitely would want the baer 4-lug front kit.

It basically is a 4-lug M2300K kit. Same calipers as the CObra...but with better rotors

PS the picture above is for a Honda, but they make a 4-lug Fox Mustang version in 12 or 13" rotors

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Mustang5L5 said:
but with better rotors
From what I've read and seen, the Brembo rotors are pretty sufficient rotors for both street and A/X-type racing. Unless Baer is trying to say they're better because they're cross-drilled and slotted, but many people will dispute those features being better than the plain rotors.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Well lets just say better is a relative term. I agree that the 99+ brembos are a sufficient rotor for the 13" setup. Some guys value the bling bling value of crossdrilled rotors. Does nothing for performance but some still might call them "better"

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you look at these images you will see the difference in thickness of the rotors. The BAER Eradispeed rotors that came in my kit have way more material than a Brembo/Ford OE rotor. They also offer a Limited lifetime warranty against warping.
BAER

Brembo

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone have a pic of the modified fox spindles? I'm curious as to what they look like.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
I want a set of eradispeeds...too bad it's $500 for a set :(

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Those are the 2-peice versions. I meant the 1-peice versions. I forget the exact number but i beleive it was around $500 for all 4 for a Cobra. I could be wrong. It's been a while since i looked

EDit: FOunds the fronts for $250. I can't imagine the rears being more than that

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/hopup1/baresierrose5.html

But yeah, a front and rear set of the 2-peice versions would be awesome. But i have better things to spend $900 on.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
MTNMAN said:
If you look at these images you will see the difference in thickness of the rotors. The BAER Eradispeed rotors that came in my kit have way more material than a Brembo/Ford OE rotor.
There was some interesting discussion about rotor thicknesses vs. air gap over on cc.com a couple years ago - http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11646&page=1&pp=40 (look towards the end of the 2nd page and into the 3rd page). The thicker rotor faces are good for heat capacity, but it also means the rotors weigh more, and it means the cooling vanes are thinner. So it's a compromise, not sure that thread ever came to a consensus on which is better - more mass or more airflow.

MTNMAN said:
They also offer a Limited lifetime warranty against warping.
I'm guessing that limited lifetime warranty says they won't help you out if you warp them on track. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Let me know if you need the M2300k cobra spindles - I have a set on 88 low mileage control arms gathering dust. Personally, I would ditch the 4 lugs. Future compatibility with rotors and wheels is a real PITA. Get the Baer setup so the wheel offset is reasonable for front and rear wheel rotation. The 2300K kit widens the rear track and makes everything difficult.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts