Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything fits real good. It will be easy to finish the exhaust. I'll use the tail pipes for a stock look.

The Turbos are in a good spot, so I think I can fab up some Rod End type supports with some round tubing. One on top and one on the bottom somewhere to triangulate them to the motor and relieve the weight on the Headers. Still need to do that!

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I'm interested in more details on the kit and turbos also.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Looks like a CX. I've heard some good about their latest kits. Weld quality was good and figment was good as well.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, It's CX. They have a new Single kit out with Dual Gates that looks cool. That would be way easier to work out. I might have done that if it was out at the time I bought, but the cool factor of TT's is hard to beat. Plus, I the car is intended for Street, so 2 smaller Turbos will get up on the Boost faster then 1 big hog.

One thing to mention is the Oil Drainback parts included are too narrow. I eBay'ed some larger -10 parts without to much trouble or extra expense. I'm working out the details now before I get the motor in the car so I don't have to deal with these problems latter. But so far, things are going good.

Here's some links for you guys.

Turbo Header Manifold Intercooler Kit For 79-93 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 NA-T T76

GT35 Twin Turbo Intercooler Kit For 79-93 Ford FoxBody Mustang 5.0L Dual 900 HP

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the Bulkhead style pan fitting that came with the kit compared to a real -10 weld in Bung.. No smokin' Turbos for me..

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Here's the single turbo hotside from CX racing. I have seen this header kit on two other cars, and both had been beat on like most race parts are. After several years they were both in great shape. For $385 to my door, I can't begin to build for that.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I almost pulled the trigger on the TT kit, I'll have to sit and anxiously watch yours come together.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put some front dress on, and am happy to say that the 3G Alternator clears! However, these Fuel Rails I have clear the Distributor on the right side, and that's all I can say at this time..lol.. Really tho, I think I can work it out. I'll need to open up the bottom Distributor shell and seal it up somehow to make room for the 180 degree fittings I plan on running back to the Regulator I bought..

Don't worry, I'm going with Silver on the AC Compressor because the Blue looks like crap.. I used to like it. Now I don't. I'll go silver on the Valve Covers as well. I want the motor to POP when you look at it..

Here's the old motor.

I need to work out the plumbing for the Water Cooled Jackets on the Turbos.. There's no way I'm not running them.. But the way they the Banjo Tubes are bent, I can't seem to get a good angle on then to the center of the motor. I think I could chop them where they are bent and just weld on AN fittings if I can find them in steel. This would make it cake to plumb into the Heater Core lines.. Lots to do..

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Looks great man. What are your goals for the car?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sweet. How hard will it be to access Spark plug #1 and 2?
It's not happening on either side.. The Down Tube needs to be moved. But it seems like you can just removed the bolts from the Turbine and rotate it out of the way after loosening the V-Band Clamp.

It shouldn't be a big deal. I should be able to just position the Clamp so I can reach it with an extension under the car without having to jack it up. That is the plan anyway..

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
It's not happening on either side.. The Down Tube needs to be moved. But it seems like you can just removed the bolts from the Turbine and rotate it out of the way after loosening the V-Band Clamp.

It shouldn't be a big deal. I should be able to just position the Clamp so I can reach it with an extension under the car without having to jack it up. That is the plan anyway..
Are you tuning the car? Will it be on gas? I went through like 3-4 sets of plugs getting a decent tune on gas. Had to pull them all the time with hardly any miles on them. It becomes a big pain if they're not real easy to get to. Hopefully you have good luck

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No Build Thread yet. I'll wait until I have the motor in the car. That won't be for another month or so while I work out these little details, and the weather warms up a bit!

1 - 20 of 100 Posts