Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short story, purchased a camshaft from another member. He shipped it. Ups lost my package. I let the “shipper” know and he put a trace/lost package investigation on it. Now we’re just waiting. It’s bad when I’d have chosen USPS now lol.

·
Registered
90 Posts
All these companies are hit and miss, depends on the local employees. I read these stories on different forums every few weeks.

Gl man. I know the feeling.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
They all lose packages. Most of the time they don't at least. Sucks.

What cam was it? If it is truly lost, maybe someone else has one they are thinking of selling and they can help once you know the "investigation" results.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a Comp XE270HR-14, I’ve looked. I emailed someone that had a 12. Hopefully they find the package. If not I’ll just go from there. Just sucks lol.

·
Registered
208 Posts
ups lost a lower unit of rare mercruser out drive took over a month to find it. all that time it was hiding in a back room at my local UPS. only found after multiple trips to the local ups finally let me an a agent let me walk into the back to look for it.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well according to them the cam never left the state it was shipped from. It made it from the guys place to the shipping hub then nothing.

·
Please call me Mike
1,567 Posts
Had a buddy ship a mini starter in to get re machined. It showed up at the shop 3 weeks later and transformed into a bicycle chain.

Post office delivered it to wrong address. Someone opened it and put in chain and said it was wrong address. Post office said they can’t do anything cause insurance is just for box part is in, not actual item.

I ordered a part from American muscle, day before it was out for delivery, it said return to shipper. Several calls later, ups said box was damaged and they’d call shipper. I ended up calling American muscle and they were trying to figure out why box was returned.

All of them have issues. You’d think ups and fed ex would better.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope none so far. Still says trying to locate package. Ups did say it would take 5-7 business days. Then the shipper could file a claim and I guess get reimbursed. And we have already talked about a refund and all. Sucks I really wanted the cam lol. I just don’t understand how a box goes missing.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well yesterday I got a message from the guy I bought the cam from. UPS had found the package, supposedly in the original state. They also stated the box wasn’t damaged and it appeared to not have been tampered with. They overnighted it to me and it’s supposed to be here today. I have my doubts about that though as it was in Columbia SC this morning. We shall see.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man that sucks. I hope you get it figured out. I got my Camshaft. Stilchavnt installed it yet. Surprisingly I also just ordered wheels and they were shipped Fedex. So far no problems.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
The USPS lost my A9P ECU. They claimed they delivered it so my insurance claim was denied. It's not fun when you don't receive your packages.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
The USPS lost my A9P ECU. They claimed they delivered it so my insurance claim was denied. It's not fun when you don't receive your packages.

The USPS tracking numbers now include detail about the actual GPS location where it's delivered. The public doesn't have access to it, but they can pull up a picture showing where every parcel is delivered to. It's fairly accurate, it shows enough detail to tell if it was near the road, in a driveway, across the street etc.

So if the tracking number says it was delivered, there is more detail about exactly where. All the public sees is a choice the carrier makes, in mailbox, at front door, to a parcel locker, to a person, near garage etc.

The safest shipping method for fragile and valuable items is the USPS Express Mail, or Registered. Those are the only two services which don't include tossing the items, they should all be hand processed, hand carried(not mixed with other mail classes). Those services are accountable as a separate category, locked up whenever possible. That is also why it's the cheapest to insure, per value. It's cheaper to ship a $1500+ item by Express Mail, than Priority Mail(the insurance is more for Priority Mail(it gets tossed in amongst all other parcels)).

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I buy/sell quite a few things, both at work and at home (mostly at work)-and use the 4 major shipping companies for everything. Some of it goes LTL freight.

ALWAYS insure your items.

I actually made a good bit of money on a USPS claim last year. Shipped an expensive hydraulic valve to a buyer ($3600-and insured for $3800), it was damaged. Filed claim with USPS, got $3800 check and gave the buyer $200 for his troubles, and he had it repaired for $90. I didn't' have that much in it. Not bragging about it, but I'm just saying...if it's insured, you have a better chance to recover a loss or damage. Loss is harder to recover obviously-and the USPS owes me a very expensive book that I sold and shipped to a buyer in Jersey that he supposedly never got (and I don't doubt it based on the tracking). That's been 2 1/2 years ago-and still no recourse on it. I wrote it off as a loss and learning experience.

We've had freight companies damage goods too. Big stuff. $73,000 tractor came in with a scratched hood. Freight and trucking companies will do everything they can to get out of paying....and I mean everything. It's a $1400 hood and they're saying that they'll pay to have it fixed at a body shop. Fine. Send your guy up here to pick it up, take it to the shop, wait 3-6 weeks for it to be done, then he can bring it back to us....needless to say they're not doing that. As a friendly piece of advice, if you get a truck freight item in damaged, even if the box it comes in is damaged and nothing visibly damaged inside, just write "Damaged" on the bill of lading, make the driver sign it without adding any other information, and you'll cover yourself. Lot of times the driver's going to add "damaged box only" or something like that, and that limits you to them replacing the box only which if anything inside is damaged, you're just out of luck. Also if you see it damaged before it comes off of the truck, take lots of pictures. Helps a lot if you have to file a claim. Been there done that many times!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts