Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home today and my check engin light came on so I looked at all my gauges. My air/fuel was barried on RICH So I get it home and removed the battery cable, and decide to ask for help from you guys.

WHAT I THINK HAPPENED:
Three days ago I installed my walbro 255 intake pump and I think it poped the factory fuel pressure regulator.

Any other Ideas?? Does anyone else use a 255 pump with the factory reg??

thanks guys
jerad

·
Registered
918 Posts
It's best for you to pull the codes with a scanner and see what caused the MIL. Most likely you are running rich and the EEC cannot compensate for the increase in fuel pressure.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so do you think a new fuel pressure reg would do the trick

·
Registered
256 Posts
I would pull the codes before swapping regulators. I had twin 255lph pumps on my car with no problems.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would a fowled out o2 sensor cause a Autometer Air/fuel to show rich?? does anyone know?? The reason I think it may be a o2 sensor is b/c even when the car is not on and just accessories is on the gauge is showing RICH, is that normal for anyone else I always thought It would show LEAN.

THanks for the help guys

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
o yea I'll get codes pulled on monday, anyone know what it will $ at FORD?? and should I take my NOS off first, even though I have not got to use it yet??? will they need to open my hood??

·
Registered
256 Posts
97riocobra said:
o yea I'll get codes pulled on monday, anyone know what it will $ at FORD?? and should I take my NOS off first, even though I have not got to use it yet??? will they need to open my hood??
Yeah, I didn't see you had bottle, more than likely that's what it is.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NOSOMO
Yeah, I didn't see you had bottle, more than likely that's what it is.
I have never used the bottle b/c I'm trying to get everything hooked up right now, did you mean it was more than likely the o2 sensers, or the bottle???

·
Registered
256 Posts
02 sensors can be killed by nitrous. It can be a series of things, if it was too much fuel pressure more than likely it would die and smell like gas.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you so much for the help, but I am 99.9% positive it is the drivers side O2 sensor. I will try to get a new one from NAPA tomorrow or monday, hopefully that will fix it.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
jerad,
i sold you that nitrous kit a long time ago....you just now getting it hooked up? did you have any problems figuring out everything that was in the box? was everything there like we agreed? i never heard back from you....have fun with the kit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts