Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
You posted this in the non-tech, general "lounge" section. I suggest you post this under a different section of the forum because it sounds more like a tech question than a non-tech one. You might get better results in a different section of the forum, just sayin'.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can find a lot of useful information on this topic on the Internet, for example, this article https://truckpowerup.com/how-to-charge-a-jump-starter-pack/ has a guide on how to charge a jump starter, what a jump starter is and how to properly care for it. I know from my experience that if you read the article, then you will not have questions or they will be more specialized and then advices to you will be more specific.

·
11,044 Posts
How to charge a jump starter?
LOL

Do you want to replace the starter, the device that engages the flywheel to begin the ICE process?

I'd go to youtube and find a video for your model/year.

The good news is that Ford designs their cars for easy part-replacement. That way, the dealership can look in their book and say "oh ya, a starter replacement... that'll take 4 hours to replace at $50/hr", and their mechanic does the actual replacement in twenty minutes. It would be fun to audit a dealership some day: "hmm, you charged customers 212 man hours for the work done today, but you had two mechanics who worked 8 hours each... explain, please".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts