Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to go ahead and get a new oil pan and not fool with welding a bung into my stock one..any advice or suggestions as to which pans yall are running?

·
Registered
747 Posts
i run a stock pan with the fitting welded in. but had a buddy run a canton 7qt pan but had probs with it hitting the ground when the front end came down a little to hard...besides that he was fine.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Ive got a humberger's 7 quart and it fits good.

·
Registered
575 Posts
CFR performance is the best bang for the buck, $119.99 in stock

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
I have had my Milodon for a long long time and it has been great.

-Chris

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CFR does look good..and so does the milodon. I need one with a drain back fitting, does that come on the CFR or do i need to call and see if they can weld one in?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When do you need an aftermarket pan?? hmm when you want 7 quarts of oil to keep it cooler and slow the deterioration down. And when u dont want to weld a fitting in

·
4,310 Posts
When do you need an aftermarket pan?? hmm when you want 7 quarts of oil to keep it cooler and slow the deterioration down. And when u dont want to weld a fitting in
On my old green car I ran a Moroso and did so on two motors with two different turbo kits. I had to weld a plate on it so I could thread the return fitting into it. I think the big thing to consider is will whatever pan you select get in the way of the turbo kit. I had to tweak the crossover tube on one kit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts