Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been 1 and a half weeks since I blew up my engine and now I have decided I am going with a Ed Curtis 347. It will have the AFR 205's, Victor 5.0 intake, Accufab 75 mm throttle body, Pro M 80 mm mass air and of course an Ed cam with Ed's port work in the heads and intake.

I am shooting for 10's on motor. This thing is still going to be driven to the track and run on pump gas too. I am pumped.

Just thought I would let you all know and will keep everyone posted on the progress.

Ed Stettin

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
good luck to you,shouldnt be a problem.

your goal is the same mine is,we will race to see who gets there first!jk:p

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
You should have NO problems gettting there ed. Whats the header and exhaust choice? SHould run hard for sure.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Cool Ed...

I wish I could have afforded Ed's stuff...he does great work. But..I'm still very happy with my setup. I'm going to a built aod and a NX tfs-r intake plate kit over the winter.....my goal next year.....drive it to the track and run 9's :evil:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ed suggested a stepped long tube. Probably a Kooks or something along those lines. I am going to go with a Dr. Gas X pipe in the 3 inch range. That means my Traction Link is giong to have to go and I am going to have to go with another suspension set up inorder for the Dr. Gas X to clear. I am going to be changing alot of stuff out to make this work but I am positive it is going to be worth it in the end.

Jeff,

Yeah the NOS shot is going to put you in the 9's for sure. I 'blame' (LOL) your combination for sliding me this way.:) You have a tough setup.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Trac link fits with Dr. Gas

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don,

I was still living in NY when you and I were running around getting that pipe bent to make it fit your Track Link....remember? :)

I remember it being a pain in the arse. Did you do something differently since then.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Remember after I installed yours........(Hee Hee)

You helped me on mine?

The Dr. Gas is not the problem. The flange is well before the TL plate.

The cat back exhaust is the problem. I opened the radius on the TL plate a little, and ovaled the pipe into the muffler a little.

No loss in flow. No rattles.....

Don's a happy boy!

Food for thought!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Block to be used?

Ed:

Wow, sounds great. What block are you going to use? Sportsman, R302 or stock?

No replacement for displacement! What HP are you hoping for?

·
Registered
521 Posts
do you like the dr. gas xpipe? i've been thinking about getting one for the motor that's taking me 16 months to even get all the money to build:

351 bored .030, line honed, zero decked
Scat forged crank
Scat H-beam rods
Probe pistons (15.5:1 after zero decking & angle & flat milling)
AFR 225cc heads
Port matched Super Victor
1050 Dominator
and all the other expensive things to keep it together at 8500

i'm thinking about kooks stepped-tubes and a dr.gas with 1 chamber flows.

this won't be driven on the street btw.

also, what went wrong with your engine before ed?

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Wow Ed, looks like there will be a lot of fresh 347's running around the Corral next year! Have you finalized your budget yet? Whatever it is you better allow for cost overruns HAHA.

Update: My Aeromotive fuel system arrived today!! Now all I have to do is come up with an X-pipe, a 3" exhaust system and a bulletproof tranny and mine will be ready for installation. Man I wish I had the clams for a Jerico!

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Ya...

Man I wish I had the clams for a Jerico!
you and be both Glenn....I love driving a stick and banging the gears...but I just can't justify hurting my tremec probably at least once a year....so i'm trading it for a lentec....which will probably help my et...even more so on the nitrous.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You helped me on mine?
No slappy, I was driving all over Newburgh with you the day you were looking for someone to bend a pipe for you to get it to fit.....I do remember that...lol.

Wow, sounds great. What block are you going to use? Sportsman, R302 or stock?
I have a in on a Dart block. I am going with a 302 based Dart block with the standard bore and am going to have it bored out to Ed's wishes.

I am hoping for whatever amount of horsepower that will allow me to run the car on pump gas, to and from the track and basically anywhere else I want AND run 10's. Not asking much huh.....lol. Ed says it can be done and I believe him. He has never let me down in the past.

also, what went wrong with your engine before ed?
I blew the crank shaft out the front end of it about a week and a half ago up at the drag strip in Cedar Falls, Iowa. It was a GREAT mess. I had pictures posted on here and mustang central. I don't think they still are. I can e-mail them to you if you want. It blew parts of the front of the block completely out and I have only had to replace my exhaust vales and two intake valves. I had the heads pressure checked and cleaned and am assembling them and going to sell the combination to help finance this new one. The cam, rocker arms, and push rods all made it through it unscathed....thank God.

Have you finalized your budget yet?
Nope, though I have a good idea on what it is going to cost me. You guys are scaring me with this Jerico and Lentech talk. Dang, I hope my TKO will hold up for atleast a season....lol. I would love a Jerico too but do you really think we will need it at a high to mid 10 second range on motor?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Dart block huh? Should last a ton longer than the couple passes Jesse is gonna get out of that stock block......

/me whistling, waiting for Jesse to read thread..... :evil:

Sounds like a good plan Ed, can't wait to see it all come together!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nice combo Ed!! Me and you will have to do some match races next year!!

How much for the heads???

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure on prices yet. He is going to put things together for me and let me know.

It should haul butt though. Your doing a 347 too?

BTW, I didn't see you at CFR on Saturday, were you there?

·
Registered
117 Posts
No, I meant on the 165s

I was there, only made 2 passes due to a small problem with my HGs 12.34 and .24 I was pitted with that ProStock Grand Am back by staging.

Ended up running an [email protected] on Sunday at TriState and then a .98 before the HG REALLY went bad.

Im sticking with the blower set up, but I expect to be somewhere in the 10s next year.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oh those tires didnt work too bad either!! 1.68 leaving at idle. Not too bad for the first time out with the car and only getting 4 passes.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am asking $1250 for the heads. They are ported by Ed and work with the FTI ported Performer RPM and Ed's cam.

I actually have a couple people interested in the whole package so that is kind of the way I want to go.

Alot of people want the intake too.

I am glad those tires worked out for you. I wish I would of known you were at CFR. I would of looked you up. Sounds like the car is running pretty good. I will definetly try and run you next spring when I get the car back together.

Ed Stettin

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
ERStettin said:

You guys are scaring me with this Jerico and Lentech talk. Dang, I hope my TKO will hold up for atleast a season....lol. I would love a Jerico too but do you really think we will need it at a high to mid 10 second range on motor?
You could always sell it before you break it? If so, I call first dibs :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts