Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the end are there any low priced turbo kits that are worth using? i know On3 customer service sucks and the issues people have with them...but aside from building your own kit frrom stuff you piece together...is there a decent turbo kit for the prices on3 and pony down sell them for? Just wondering before i take my na/poss.nitrous project to a low compression/turbo route.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
B&G sells a cheaper kit now that is imported...it's on a long wait but around $1900 for the kit...but they have a better parts like the turbo and WG/BOV are better quality

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chino..thanks dude i kept trying to remember B&G...i knew there was another company out there but working in a strip club rots yer brain lol.

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
B&G sells a cheaper kit now that is imported...it's on a long wait but around $1900 for the kit...but they have a better parts like the turbo and WG/BOV are better quality
Elaborate for me on how the build quality is better than what I have to offer with some valid facts that you are basing your claim from?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I saw that PAS had a thread for the on3 kits for sale with better wastegates and BOV's but has since been deleted. I wonder what happened with that. Would have been a nice option.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Elaborate for me on how the build quality is better than what I have to offer with some valid facts that you are basing your claim from?

Read the statement again...

the Wastegate / BOv and Comp turbos (standard) are better than what come on your kit.

or are you trying to say ANY of your branded turbos are better than Comp turbos....cause sorry to say...nope..they are not...

and I can attest to the Wastegate and BOv being cheaper units...since I USED TO OWN YOUR "brand" and have since switched to Turbo Smart items...

don't worry..my headers and intake tubing is On3...the rest of my "kit" has now been switched to DIY...although Im did have to have the passenger side header welded two times when it cracked...

I can base my claims from experience.

·
Registered
459 Posts
One would think that chris from poweradder saw that there is a problem trying to sale there kit the way it comes and made the smart move to upgrade the weakest links..just a thought.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Chino..thanks dude i kept trying to remember B&G...i knew there was another company out there but working in a strip club rots yer brain lol.
Pretty funny....stripper brain rot...

Brian's support is top notch and even his imported stuff is backed by his fabrication shop in the event that you need warranty work done.

B&G is one of a handful of vendors that have given me top notch support over the past 3 years of really being hard in the car. Well worth the money in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
The "imported" kit u get from B&G is the same bullshiz thats on ebay, BUT he gives a 1 year warranty. When B&G sells the bullshiz china pipes its called "imported", but when On3 does, it is called china crap. You nut swingin puzzies...bullshiz is bullshiz don't candy coat it.

If u want cheap, reliable and good quality build ur own.

·
Registered
444 Posts
if u gona ebay it u can buy a used hotside and cold sides here all the time for way cheap and fix the pinholes cracks fex couplers and add better turbo w/g blow off
if u happen to lose any part of your on3 kit they dont have any parts to replace it which would mean the warranty would be just as hard to get so buy it used up and fix what a 3year old in china couldnt do right

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Didn't mean to start a war lol

Sent using Tapatalk2 while watching chicks get naked.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
The "imported" kit u get from B&G is the same bullshiz thats on ebay, BUT he gives a 1 year warranty. When B&G sells the bullshiz china pipes its called "imported", but when On3 does, it is called china crap. You nut swingin puzzies...bullshiz is bullshiz don't candy coat it.

If u want cheap, reliable and good quality build ur own.
I am lacking two things to follow your advice:

1)the grammar skills to understand that post

2)those of us that aren't fabricators need partners to help support our turbo setups. The type of pain my car puts on a hotside requires well thought out design and properly fabricated parts. The small issues over the years that Brian has helped me fix were of the variety that having a welder in the garage wasn't going to address. Years of experience making turbo kits isn't made up easily.

If you are a occasional racer and garage queen then the support factor is less of an issue, and quality may be less tested.

If you put major pain on parts, unless you are a fabricator then you need a partner who has the experience to support and longevity in business.

Each person needs to determine what they require in terms of a product and a relationship with a vendor and make a decision. Budget constrained people that are ok with less then desirable customer service have an option. Those with different requirements have other options.

I would test out an imported B&G hotside if I built a mild street car. It is the matter of right tool for the job.

I wouldn't do anything with ON3 products after I have consumed all the information on this board but that is strictly my opinion. To me customer service and long term relationships are relevant and worth paying a reasonable amount of additional dollars.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I had the room for a welder and all the stuff to fab up a kit I would learn to. But my garage is about the size of a closet lol. If I go this route I will go with b&g more than likely

·
Registered
806 Posts
If I had the room for a welder and all the stuff to fab up a kit I would learn to. But my garage is about the size of a closet lol. If I go this route I will go with b&g more than likely

B&G is a find choice my friend

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Honestly I don't plan on making HUGE amounts of boost or power...if I go the power adder route it will just be a freshened up bottom end and some mild heads...gt40s,world jrs or if I found a good price on some afr 165s. If I stay na then its geting a 331 stroker and some high ports or 185/205 afrs and a big cam on efi.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yup I manage a strip club...watching a russian chick spin on the pole as I type :cool:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.