Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of my father in law dropped his car off and asked me to tune it for him. After looking under the hood, i explained that we had alot of stuff to straighten out... like the wrong head unit for starters, anyone recognize this powerdyne? Maybe from a lightning kit? The straight discharge has me scratching my head and all the couplers hurt my eyes! I also told him that MSD dizzy has to go!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never have done that, but sounds like a plan.

No need to buy a whole new dizzy, you can simply replace the shudder wheel and stator with Motorcraft parts for much less $.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Never have done that, but sounds like a plan.
If you cant find an OEM shutter wheel, Pro-M sells highly accurate versions for the MSD distributors. I see the IAC is disconnected, this looks like it is going to be fun.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you cant find an OEM shutter wheel, Pro-M sells highly accurate versions for the MSD distributors. I see the IAC is disconnected, this looks like it is going to be fun.
Yeah, the owner and his brother were “tuning” the car by adjusting the timing at the distributor and the idle at the stop screw 🤦‍♂️ The car has MS2 pnp.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My work has me covered up... i may just tell him to take the car to a professional. This is what i found when i connected to it...

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And he drove it to me like this!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts