Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How can I tell for sure.

I thought MM had a black spring perches and Pro3i has gold perches, also are the bushings different? I just want to know for sure before I email the guy.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think that means you have them on the wrong sides.

They are still good pieces that should not give you trouble.
I think the front bushings are 3 piece as well.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
hard to tell, looks like pro3i, but get some more pics, different angles. The spherical side looks right

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I found out that its a pro3i

I have another problem, I can't get my stock swaybar to install on these. It won't fit on the outside tabs, or the inside tabs, just for kicks I flipped the swaybar and it installed perfect. What does that mean? I'm probably going to get some new MMs. Does MM have to same problem when installing the swaybar?

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
You shouldn't have any swaybar issues. I still have my stock swaybar on with my MM LCAs.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
If the bar on your arms is curved, it's MM. If it's two straight pieces welded to the jacker mount, it's Pro3i. Allegedly, the newer Pro3i pieces have a 3-piece bushing where the center piece is spherical and the outer two are concave on the inner face for the sphere to fit. IIRC, the Pro3i ones have issues with the swaybar mounts. I did not have any issues with my MM swaybar mounts fitting the stock bar, although I don't have the jackers.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Huh, I guess that's how mine is, too. I didn't realize that was upside-down. :) (I'm replying to svtruck, but somehow my message is showing up 6hr before his - weird).

Pat

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had to flip my stock sway bar with my MM adjustable LCAs too...I emailed MM and was told that it's normal and they didn't think you can get it on right side up...which I couldn't.

Edit: Found a picture I took of my rear suspension as it sits now.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
SVtruck,

In the picture that you posted, the rear swaybar is installed in the normal factory orientation. I don't think it's possible to install the swaybar with it flipped over on any Fox or SN95 Mustang.

On some of the post 96 Mustangs, the bends of the swaybar may interfere with the weight jack screw if you try to lower the rear of the car too much. That is the only interference between the MM adjustable lower controls arms and factory swaybars that I'm aware of.

BTW, if you get a chance, could you PM me with a copy of whatever e-mail correspondence you had with MM regarding flipping over the swaybar.

Thanks,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts