Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my gears and the shift kit put in today. The sad thing is I couldn't really get on it because it rained and the road was still wet. I told him to put the shift kit on the middle setting. When I shift the car manually it shifts a lot quicker and harder and that is just at part throttle. I don't think a chip is necessary to correct shift points b/c my car shifts just fine around town. I just have to put the speedcal in now. I feel like I made the right gear choice b/c I do a lot of highway driving. But I will say this, if you want performance get 4.10s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Good choice with the 3.73's.

um..just going off on a tangent..the dyno #'s in your sig..are they #'s from after the head improvement? :eek:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Find some dry pavement and give her hell!! Fill us in on what your first impressions were as soon as it stops raining!:)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
yeah, this weather in tally sucks. I'm sure when you get the chance to stomp on it you will like the gears!!!

you pulled me pretty good that time we raced....now with those gears in i'm affraid that i'm f**ked!! :eek: lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Happy with shift kit?

I own a 99 gt (auto trans) and I am considering adding a transgo shift kit. Are you happy with the results? I would like to beef up the soft shifting...and considered the kit. Haven't been able to talk to anyone with one installed. Who did the work for you? Was it a transmission shop....and how much did it cost? I'd appreciate any input before I alter the transmission any. You can post another thread or e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks, Don

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I had a transmission shop do all the work. The guy changed all filters in the tranny put new bearings in the rearend. New fluids and everything. So far I like the shift kit. It shifts quicker and harder. I would recommend it to anyone with an automatic. Just make sure whoever installs it knows what they are doing. There is a guy on here who goes by the name of Rancid who had one put in wrong and it fu$%ed up his tranny so be careful.

John

·
Registered
49 Posts
98GTfromGA said:
Well I got my gears
How much did it cost you to have those gears put in, including gears? With all the different types of gears you can get out there why did you choose 3.73?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts