Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been feeling a lack of grip and snap oversteer at the edge ever since I installed the panhard bar, and I knew it just wasn't right.

Well, found the cause. the rear swaybar has a lot of rub marks on it, along with the panhard bar. the damned GMS arms position the swaybar such that it contacts the panhard bar.

I went back and triplechecked my measurements on the panhard (not like I can change them, but at least so I know who to blame), and I was spot on. I'm going to see how difficult it would be to drill new holes in the GMS arms, otherwise, I'm finally getting rid of these darn things.

·
Registered
694 Posts
If the arms are truely the problem and after all the BS you've gone through with them I'd toss 'em and get the MM arms. You're going to go to the trouble of removing, drilling new holes, which may or may not work, then reinstall an inferior product that you will always question. Cut your losses now and chalk it up to experience...time to move on.

John

·
Registered
850 Posts
This is one of the reasons it is often suggested you stick with one
reputable maker for major suspension parts. Just for example, I have used MM's PHB with both stock and MM lower control arms and stock and MM rear adjustable sway bar. No fitment or interference issues in any configuration.

You can even get in trouble with different front and rear suspension pieces. MM and Griggs have differing philospohies regarding where the roll centers should be. So, mix and match and you can get some strange handling.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I've made the call to go to a basically all Maximum Motorsports setup.

I like the weight jacker portion of the arms, though I will likely go to MM standard arms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts