Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my quest for the 11's is finally over.... I'm glad too because the hot weather is just around the corner and I look forward to spectating or relaxing in the A/C....

Drove it up to Muncie, IN..(1hr. 40 minute trip 1 way)... Forgot the chill wrap for the upper intake.... Don't know if it really helps but the last time I was up there, I ran 12.05 without it, and with it on, 12.01.......

1st pass was 12.10 @ 112.05mph w/ a 1.70 sixty foot.... For some reason, traction was a little off, maybe it was my car but I didn't think it was special compared to the way it was the last time...

2nd pass, lowered the 2-step 100 rpm's... ran 12.05 @ 111.66mph on a 1.63 sixty foot....

3rd pass, lowered the tire pressure 1/2 a pound, left the 2-step at 5,700 and off we go... I dialed in 12.00 against a 9.75 tubbed/"hole through the hood" Monte Carlo... I got down to the 1000' mark and seen he was still a ways back there so I knew it was a good pass or he was late on the tree...

I was .114 R/T to his .147.......

Sixty foot was 1.60 and it ran 11.99 @ 112.16 mph so I broke out and lost but I was happy... I just wish that track would've been hookin' like I know it can... a 1.56-1.57 sixty foot would throw me down to the 11.95-11.97 range...

Going back to the dyno in a week or two.. I put some 1.72 rockers on since I have the stock cam and it likes it but I want to see where it's leveling off at on power... I'd also like to try a little more timing...

It was probably the best day at the track for me....
I liked how 3-4 people thought my Anderson power pipe was my turbo piping or I had a nitrous kit hidden... :rofl:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Stock cam, holly crap that is good.

What's the combo?

·
Registered
297 Posts
congrats, i'm hopeing for 11.99 also with my combo !

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks a bunch guys... It's fun to hit a goal that is hard and almost unbelievable but 1/2 of the enjoyment is getting all the compliments...:)

I don't want to fill this post with my details but if someone wants to know, pm me your email address... I have a Word document typed up.....

The car weighs 3,100-3,125 lbs. w/ me in it.. Still has power steering although I run a short belt at the track... I drove it there also... It's about 1 hr and 40 minutes away.... I run it through full exhaust, Dynomax Super Turbo cat-back...

I gotta give big props to LXguy off of here.. Without him, there's no doubt in my mind I'd be running 12.20's.... :salute:

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Good Job Curt....I told you that you would get it..just had to keep working at it. I see some 11.8's in good air this fall for you.

·
Corral Charter Member
3,746 Posts
Congratulations Curt!

Junkyard power! LOL

I knew you'd get there.

Thanks for the compliments also. I've had a lot of fun working with you on this. I think the results are better than either of us anticipated.

Steve

·
Registered
634 Posts
What were the 1/8th mile #'s for us short trackers? Again congrats! Its sad when i've got 2 sets of aluminum heads in the shop and cant bring myself to install them because of threads like these and my love of "junk" combos LOL!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1/8 mile numbers were: 7.625 @ 87.77mph....

I'm almost embarrassed to post that because on a 1.56/1.57 sixty, it's been 7.60 @ 89mph... I ran 89.6 and 89.3 my two prior passes but on the 11.99 pass, I bumped my shift point from 5,700-5,800.... I'm thinking I was hitting 4th before the 1/8 mile when I was shifting at 5,700 and when I changed it to 5,800, I wasn't getting the pull of 4th before the 1/8 stripe and that's why the mph is down.... (just a guess...)

If this thing goes 11.8x, I'll be blown away... I'm as content as can be now so anything faster is icing on the cake....

I wish I could figure out what the DA was up there on Saturday to see what kind of air I was running in... Elevation is around 900ft, temp was 77-80 degrees... I don't know what the humidity/dewpoint was....

I'm anxious to get back on the dyno now to see what kind of power it's making...

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
I almost had mine Friday night. Very next run I yanked a 1.690 short, but I missed third(first time ever in this car), go figure.. That would have gotten my 11.99999999999 without a doubt. Car weighs 3330 with me in it. :curses:
Grats on your 11.99!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
"How much nitrous you got goin through that thing?" "Did you ever dyno the 302 vs. 347 you have in it now?" "Who did the custom port work and cam?" I can only imagine the comments. That's half the reason to build and stay with a simple, yet effective combo like yours. Congrats and do not give up on it yet, there's more in it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
"How much nitrous you got goin through that thing?" "Did you ever dyno the 302 vs. 347 you have in it now?" "Who did the custom port work and cam?" I can only imagine the comments. That's half the reason to build and stay with a simple, yet effective combo like yours. Congrats and do not give up on it yet, there's more in it.
Thanks man! This combo has went faster than I ever imagined... I thought when it went 110mph, that would be it and now I'm thinking, 113mph is definitely possible....

I think it's time I start critiquing my suspension/60 foot... 1.60 isn't bad but it's been 1.56 and I need to get it doing that consistently...

Your car is the most impressive one to me... I know there's a lot of naysayers/non-believers... It's just absolutely insane... Part of getting a good ET out of a car is sticking with it.. Too often I see people get aggravated and "buy a bigger motor".... It takes patience and dedication...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts