Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i already sold or is currently for sale all my 429-460 and sbf parts, i ordered a brand new seat of L92 heads with rockers , delivered to me came to $630.00, they should be here by next Wednesday, i hope i am making the right choice here, I am following the build of the famous car here ..lol..hoping to run at least 10.50's, i am going to mill the chevy word off the valve covers and put 302 powered on them or powered by ford...

·
Registered
855 Posts
1st: why would you put 302 powered on there? Anyone who's seen a 5.0 before will know it's not one

2nd: there is no "chevy" on the valve covers, the covers only have holes for the coil brackets/coils

3rd: why hide the chevy power? You're upgrading to something that's more effective and cheaper, flaunt it. :salute:

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
i already sold or is currently for sale all my 429-460 and sbf parts, i ordered a brand new seat of L92 heads with rockers , delivered to me came to $630.00, they should be here by next Wednesday, i hope i am making the right choice here, I am following the build of the famous car here ..lol..hoping to run at least 10.50's, i am going to mill the chevy word off the valve covers and put 302 powered on them or powered by ford...
I just sold my race car. Now building a street car. Pretty much starting over again from nothing. I have a running sn95 with a v6 that will be getting a mild 351 and a Tremec. Should be good for low 11s when all is said and done. The only problem is going to be adapting the a/c, ps, and alternator brackets from the v6 over to the 351. Not sure how I'm going to go about that yet. My biggest gain is I'm finally rid of the '79-93 fox body with it's horrible brakes and 4 lugs. The sn95 is SO much better, even handling, and ride is better than the old '79-93 clunkers. You don't know what your missing till you make the swap. The only thing is I just wish I could afford a decent f-body camaro to swap my motor into.

That would be the ultimate street car.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1st: why would you put 302 powered on there? Anyone who's seen a 5.0 before will know it's not one

2nd: there is no "chevy" on the valve covers, the covers only have holes for the coil brackets/coils

3rd: why hide the chevy power? You're upgrading to something that's more effective and cheaper, flaunt it. :salute:
1) not really, i posted a picture of one with the front mount dizzy conversion that uses a sbf dizzy , it was funny several people here and on other form though it was a ford motor

2)on the front mount dizzy conversion i saw it had valve covers with chevy on it,

3)not really hiding it, i just like to mess with people

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just sold my race car. Now building a street car. Pretty much starting over again from nothing. I have a running sn95 with a v6 that will be getting a mild 351 and a Tremec. Should be good for low 11s when all is said and done. The only problem is going to be adapting the a/c, ps, and alternator brackets from the v6 over to the 351. Not sure how I'm going to go about that yet. My biggest gain is I'm finally rid of the '79-93 fox body with it's horrible brakes and 4 lugs. The sn95 is SO much better, even handling, and ride is better than the old '79-93 clunkers. You don't know what your missing till you make the swap. The only thing is I just wish I could afford a decent f-body camaro to swap my motor into.

That would be the ultimate street car.
ya right , you are the biggest Cleveland fan in America

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
ya right , you are the biggest Cleveland fan in America
Actually, I'm the biggest fan of 'cheapest hp' in America.;)

And only the bbf's fit that category.

The 351C comes a distant second to those.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Actually, I'm the biggest fan of 'cheapest hp' in America.;)

And only the bbf's fit that category.

The 351C comes a distant second to those.
man that is great, now will you please stop posting useless stuff on my post, everyone on this site knows how you feel about 351c motors ,

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Dude, the first post you made was usless. It could have just as well been Lounge material. I mean, what's the point of advertising your going to put an LS motor in your car? It would have been different if you had advertised the fact, then followed up with some tech requests or suggestions. There was no tech info or request implied in the first post. So, I took it as another BS session which is what half the stuff on here is anyway.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dude, the first post you made was usless. It could have just as well been Lounge material. I mean, what's the point of advertising your going to put an LS motor in your car? It would have been different if you had advertised the fact, then followed up with some tech requests or suggestions. There was no tech info or request implied in the first post. So, I took it as another BS session which is what half the stuff on here is anyway.
ok, fine i will take the bait, you are just pissed that another ford person is bailing ship , cause a lsx motor is a mean mo fo in near stock form for cheap, 630.00 for a set of brand new heads with rockers to my door. they will support 600+ hp in bone stock trim, and another 500.00 for a running 6.0 motor...i talked #### about the lsx motor at first but like most people that do that , i was mis informed and actually knew knowing , till i see it first hand and stood there as my friend built his motor and i knew 100% what was in that motor, and by dam it will flat fly with stock parts, and it idles sweet and not rattle your brains out

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
and by dam it will flat fly with stock parts, and it idles sweet and not rattle your brains out
Nothing new under the sun.

Maybe your buddy just knows how to choose the correct parts to build a normal high hp street motor?

·
Registered
404 Posts
congrats,you made a good choice.....cheap and easy horsepower bar none!

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Maybe your buddy just knows how to choose the correct parts to build a normal high hp street motor?
not really, it was nothing super natural or a big secret, otf cam, stock lower end, msd -lap top tuned , i was just amazed that is was so cheap and easy,

·
Formerly LSNotch
840 Posts
I knew that sooner or later more folks will accept this fact. I was a hardcore Ford fan but when you compare what an LSx is capable of for such little money...it is like trying to swim against the flow. Finally I'm going to be working on it late next month and I can't wait.

Back to the OP...my combo will end up like Dave Mizzell except a little more aggresive on the engine and at the same time streetable. I'm waiting for UCC to send me the hybrid converter. I know you want to get it going as cheap as possible but don't cheap out too much in the cam! A custom cam will do wonders with the L92 heads!

Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

at first i though you was just a true hard core ford fan , a 351c lover, talked to you a few time on pm...now i realize , you are a dumb ass

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
at first i though you was just a true hard core ford fan , a 351c lover, talked to you a few time on pm...now i realize , you are a dumb ass

Your the one with a problem of "can't-decide-what-I-want-from-one-minute-to-the-next".

Are you taking female hormone treatments?

You start a BS session, then you get pissed when people reply to it for what it is.

Engraving "Ford" on chevrolet engine valve covers? No, it's not a BS thread. Who could have possibly thought that? :rolleyes:

Hardcore Ford fan am I? No, just a harcore fan of reality and facts. Cheaper, easier. Just because you can't find the facts on Google doesn't mean they don't exist. Try going to a real race, comparing part for part, car for car, motor for motor, and income for income. If your still not convinced after that. Your hopelessly lost and just need to do whatever.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Hardcore Ford fan am I? No, just a harcore fan of reality and facts. Cheaper, easier. Just because you can't find the facts on Google doesn't mean they don't exist. Try going to a real race, comparing part for part, car for car, motor for motor, and income for income. If your still not convinced after that. Your hopelessly lost and just need to do whatever.

Convinced of what?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Your the one with a problem of "can't-decide-what-I-want-from-one-minute-to-the-next".

Are you taking female hormone treatments?

You start a BS session, then you get pissed when people reply to it for what it is.

Engraving "Ford" on chevrolet engine valve covers? No, it's not a BS thread. Who could have possibly thought that? :rolleyes:

I suppose this one dont count.:)
http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1218905

1 - 20 of 55 Posts